Why? - just for fun and don't require an answer.

bootneck

On 12/1/2021 at 2:14 PM, ckw said:

That story was doing the rounds at my university (University College Dublin) back in the '80s - some of us pinned our hopes on it being true 😁

Cheers

Colin

Haha. And what about the one where the prospective student enters the room and finds the interviewer seated behind his desk, reading a newspaper. "Make an impression!" says the interviewer, from behind the newspaper. So the student walks forward, takes out his lighter and sets fire to the newspaper. 😄

• Haha 1

On 01/12/2021 at 14:44, bootneck said:

I shall start off with the Fairey Firefly U.8 pilotless drone .......  why was it a two-seater?  :hmmm:

Couldn't resist to answer: it does not state "man"less, two lesser civilians suffice.

Back in the days when state pensions were paid in cash and collected from the post office....

Why were there always a queue of pensioners 15 minutes before the post office opened? Were they worried the post office would run out of money?

12 hours ago, Robert said:

Why are there indicators on cars if people do not use them.

...or mirrors....

I blame it on a spelling mistake on the lease form. EGO instead of ECO.

• Haha 1

On 12/1/2021 at 8:01 AM, Seahawk said:

Allegedly this was a (the?) question one year in Cambridge philosophy tripos final exams.  Equally allegedly, one student wrote, “Why not?” And got a First.  No, not sure I believe it either. 

That actually happened in my college Philosophy class, he was the only student to get an “A” on his final exam. 

3 hours ago, Viking said:

Why is there only 1 word for 'Thesaurus'?

Alternativewordsbook :smartass:

3 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Why do we have to wipe our backsides when we go but dogs don't......

Go where? :shrug:

On 12/1/2021 at 1:26 PM, upnorth said:

If the flight recorders are typically the only thing that survives a plane crash, why dont they make the whole plane out of the same stuff the flight recorders are made from?

Why do they call them black boxes when they're really orange.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

When I lose something why do I only find it in the last place I look and never the first place? I've tried looking in the last place first but that never seems to work.

I've started to continue searching for the item after I've found it - if keep extending the search time I hope to move the success rate a lot closer to the first place I look.

Cheers

Colin

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Why do we have to wipe our backsides when we go

From my experience of model shows i would suggest that not all people do! 😬

Regards,

Steve

• Haha 5

On 01/12/2021 at 14:01, Seahawk said:

Allegedly this was a (the?) question one year in Cambridge philosophy tripos final exams.  Equally allegedly, one student wrote, “Why not?” And got a First.  No, not sure I believe it either. 

The version we had going around was. For a philosophy exam the essay question was : "what is courage?" And one student wrote: "This" with the rest of the page blank...🙂

Nick

Edited by Fnick
  • Haha 1