AIRFIX advent calendar 2021

bentwaters81tfw

2 minutes ago, 3DStewart said:

Have I missed something?  Day three is a video about the 1:72 Sea King and there's no product announcement of a B-26 I can find.

I think the “Flak Bait” line was just a joke. I saw the funny side of it. 

• Like 2

I've just looked at the Airfix advent calendar, and then moved on to the Guardian website, and lo and behold on the Guardian's home page I have an advert for Airfix!

the advert was for an oak tree (HO scale) and the Cutty Sark.

now this is on my kindle, where I don't have an ad blocker, and in all honesty if I look at websites like the Guardian's I tend not to notice the occasional ads, but this one from Airfix - within a few minutes of looking at the advent calendar certainly stood out!

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, JamesP said:

Wow a bunch of old men complaining an virtual advent calendar is not very exciting. Didums! 😛

You've missed the point.

it's because we are a bunch of old men we complain.

It's what old men do.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Well, apparently you don't have long to wait - there's a countdown ticker on Day 5 that ends at 7am my time, 2pm UK, today....... Very odd. 

EDIT: Never mind - it just clicked over to another 24 hour countdown. Weird. 

Edited by Paul Bradley
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, bootneck said:

I hope that I won't be like that when I get old.

Mike - 73 ½  :giggle:

Pffff! You're just a kid!

John (75 years old). Now watch someone top that:giggle:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, JamesP said:

Wow a bunch of old men complaining an virtual advent calendar is not very exciting. Didums! 😛

At least this old man knows that it's "a" virtual advent calendar and not "an".

John.

• Haha 8

Today (9th) could there be a reveal in the background of the video Paramjit and a B17 . Airfix are going for a certain demographic by issuing a model/puppet of Muffin the Mule.

• Haha 1

Just looked back and watched the quick build of the Audi. Finished it looks quite impressive.  With some careful painting etc to the insides and out plus any desired detail, I reckon it could pass off as a very good model.  As for todays, the B-17 Paramjit is displaying looks to be well made.

I'm hoping we get a model of the Stearman Santa Solution that serves as the background image!

On 12/2/2021 at 10:09 AM, Admiral Puff said:

And, as usual, we colonials don't get a look-in ...

I read through the terms and conditions and didn't see the normal "only residents of the UK are eligible to enter" disclaimer...