AIRFIX advent calendar 2021

bentwaters81tfw

One great improvement this year is that you don't have to play spot the date each day.

As to the Vulcan experience a google search indicates that you have to get to Manchester for this one.

Did this a bit last year as I recall...

On the first day of Xmas Airfix gave to me, a minute chance to win a self funded journey to Manchester for a 5 minute ride in a Vulcan "simulator"...

Airfix's idea of an advent calendar full of offers and giveaways is woeful.

Edited by RobL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, RobL said:

Obviously the cheque from Channel 5 hasn't come through, yet. 

Although, thinking about it, who was paying whom for that series?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, RobL said:

Did this a bit last year as I recall...

On the first day of Xmas Airfix gave to me, a minute chance to win a self funded journey to Manchester for a 5 minute ride in a Vulcan "simulator"...

What, you mean you don't get the full bomb run to Leningrad?  Sorry I entered now.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Admiral Puff said:

And, as usual, we colonials don't get a look-in ...

As expected… I’d feel like a real winner just to be allowed to enter one of these competitions, let alone actually winning something physically tangible! Let’s see what Day 2 has to offer? 

2 hours ago, 593jones said:

What, you mean you don't get the full bomb run to Leningrad?  Sorry I entered now.

I heard given the limited time of five minutes it’s not to Leningrad but a simulated bomb run over the Isle of Wight :wicked:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JohnT said:

I heard given the limited time of five minutes it’s not to Leningrad but a simulated bomb run over the Isle of Wight :wicked:

Can we make it Bradford, or Westminster. I'll trade flighttime for payload. :whistle:

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I’ve just heard Sharkey Ward has been on to them pointing out that for the same money you can get 10 sessions of 5 minutes in a Sea Harrier FRS1 simulator :wicked::giggle:

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, JohnT said:
6 minutes ago, JohnT said:

I’ve just heard Sharkey Ward has been on to them pointing out that for the same money you can get 10 sessions of 5 minutes in a Sea Harrier FRS1 simulator :wicked::giggle:

Respect!

Its only Day 2 - I'm sure they won't reveal any new kits until well into the second week. 

Remember a few years ago when someone hacked the site and revealed all the new kits on the first day? Probably don't want to be burned again like then. This is why we can't have nice things.....

• Like 2

C'mon guys there's more to Christmas than just being interested in how we can benefit from it.

See the 24 repeated days of disappointment as part of your personal fast and spiritual preparation for the joy of the 25th.

Edited by 3DStewart
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Look on the bright side.... anything else will be a bonus see what tomorrow brings.

In reality these seem to be designed for this forum to have a dig at, and every year we fall for it.

Dick

Time to do some modelling

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beermonster1958 said:

Day one: A chance to win a prize for which I'd have to  fork out £80 for a return rail ticket if I won. Expensive prize.

That's absolutely normal.  A prize of a night at the theatre/cinema does not normally include the cost of getting there.  My family gave me the present of a flight in an F-4 simulator some years back, but assumed I could get to Yorkshire myself.  A prize of a trip on the Orient Express wouldn't include the cost of getting to Paris (or starting place of your choice).

I grant you that it isn't terribly exciting.

• Like 1