Mig-21 Indian Air Force 1/72 C2266

Greetings Everyone,

As the year is ending and the new year is around the corner, managed to complete this Eduard Mig-21MF 1/72 I being an ndian wanted to represent with an aircraft that is quintessential of the air force and Mig-21 represent the air force well with we operating above 800+ machine since the last 50+ years, but time is closing fast for the Mig-21s in the Indian air force and only Bison is in service and will retire shortly, Here is mine a Mig-21bis (Cheated a little hehe) in striking thunder thunderbolt bright markings from the 80s the serial number is C2266. Painted using local paint and Tamiya grey and white. 

Thank you, and best wishes everyone.

Cheers.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Edited by tomthounaojam
  • Like 25

Nice build. 

52 minutes ago, David Koktavý said:

Nice model 👍

BTW, I would like to build the Bison version in 72 scale, but actually there is no conversion set for Eduard, Even there is no other posibility. But I will wait 🙂

What about the 1:72 Condor MiG-21-93?.

• Thanks 1

That's a fine looking Bison and probably we won't be seeing much of it in the future as I do believe it's going to be replaced by HAL Tejas. I do wish someone in India or anywhere else would do a 3D conversion of the last variant of the Mig-21.

• Thanks 1

Well, I have no knowledge about the Condor kit. I only know this is quite oldfashioned kit, but I will start investigation if is possible to get some parts as conversion for the Eduard kit. BTW, I think it will not be possible as the Bison or 21-93 was derived from Mig-21 bis 🙄 

Definitelly I am convinced we all would agree that Eduard could make some brasin parts, or the whole BISON kit 🙂

Hi Tom! It is great to see her done now :). As always, she’s a fine build of a fine machine. I’d say your “cheat”, as you call it, is fine. In the end if you are happy that’s all that matters. I live in hope of a decent bis coming from the likes of Eduard. :) 🤞Martin

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HansReggelsen said:

A very fine model of a very fine plane! :D

The indian Air Force always have the most beautifull colourfull planes! :D

Very well done, indeed! :goodjob:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

Thank you very much, Hans really appreciate the kind words

3 hours ago, David Koktavý said:

Nice model 👍

BTW, I would like to build the Bison version in 72 scale, but actually there is no conversion set for Eduard, Even there is no other posibility. But I will wait 🙂

Thank you, for Bison the best you can do as of now is get the condor Mig-21-93 and convert it into Bison, the major external different is the Canopy which is Mig-29 style and the flare dispenser on the wing rooots
here is one I built few years ago

1 hour ago, Kampartiger said:

That's a fine looking Bison and probably we won't be seeing much of it in the future as I do believe it's going to be replaced by HAL Tejas. I do wish someone in India or anywhere else would do a 3D conversion of the last variant of the Mig-21.

Thank you very much, This one is a Bis made from Mf hence said cheated hehe. I tried to do it but pause for the time being.

1 hour ago, David Koktavý said:

Well, I have no knowledge about the Condor kit. I only know this is quite oldfashioned kit, but I will start investigation if is possible to get some parts as conversion for the Eduard kit. BTW, I think it will not be possible as the Bison or 21-93 was derived from Mig-21 bis 🙄 

Definitelly I am convinced we all would agree that Eduard could make some brasin parts, or the whole BISON kit 🙂

Yeah, it would be welcoming news for everyone

1 hour ago, Remus389 said:

The Indian Air Force will contact you one day and want to buy your models from you 😉👍

Hehe, I wish that day come soon, cheers

15 minutes ago, Wulfman said:

Beautiful build and finish, Looking forward to more Indian Airforce birds !

Wulfman

Thanks Mate, really appreciate the kind words

1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

Hi Tom! It is great to see her done now :). As always, she’s a fine build of a fine machine. I’d say your “cheat”, as you call it, is fine. In the end if you are happy that’s all that matters. I live in hope of a decent bis coming from the likes of Eduard. :) 🤞Martin

Greetings Martin, Thank you so very much, Hehe I knew you will catch that line, but with the painting I guess it is almost a Bis.

1 hour ago, Mountain goat said:

I love it! The weathering on the red flashes is superb.

Jay

Thank you so very much

2 hours ago, Ryan Hothersall said:

Nice build. 

Thanks Ryan, cheers

• Like 2