Reedoak 1/72 figures

Bert

If they are just half as good as it looks on their website, they are far better than, say, the venerable Preiser stuff.

I'm assembling a group of figures for a 1/72 diorama project, and will certainly include a couple of these.

/Finn

I have a few of their figures in 1:32 and 1:72 and although they are expensive, the quality is supurb.

The only downside is when looking at renders, the RAF pilot I have looks a little older than I imagine a wartime RAF pilot to be but don't think that's as noticable in 1:72

Hope this helps,

Mark

1 hour ago, FZ6 said:

I have a few of their figures in 1:32 and 1:72 and although they are expensive, the quality is supurb.

The only downside is when looking at renders, the RAF pilot I have looks a little older than I imagine a wartime RAF pilot to be but don't think that's as noticable in 1:72

Hope this helps,

Mark

Thanks for the information Mark. Did you order them directly from the manufacturer or through a vendor? 

@Bert

I ordered a 1/72 pair a few days ago directly  from the website. They should be on their way to me. Funnily I also ordered the elderly Mosquito pilot. As soon as they arrive, I'll post again on comment on quality and such. 

/Finn

10 hours ago, Bert said:

Thanks for the information Mark. Did you order them directly from the manufacturer or through a vendor? 

Hi Bert, 

I’m not aware of any vendors who stock this line so always buy direct. They provide a good service. 

One thing to to note is as the figures are 3D printed, they have supports which need carefully removing it’s not too difficult though. I’ll post a pic of one of the figures for you later.

cheers,

Mark

8 hours ago, FZ6 said:

Sorry it's a bit late but here is a photo of the 1/72 Mosquito pilot with supports still attached.

51729204944_68b0e702c8_b.jpg

Reedoak Pilot by Mark Maclean, on Flickr

As you can see the quality is impressive.

Cheers,

Mark

Thank you for the photo Mark. Very impressive indeed. I will be buying some. I understand they are not cheap. Makes me wonder how much here in USA. I guess it really doesn't matter. I will be buying some for sure! Have you completed one yet?

You're welcome @Bert ,

I haven't painted one yet but am looking forward to doing so. The first Reedoak figures I paint will be the 1/32 Super Hornet crew I have.

1/72 figures are about 5 euros each so not too bad per single figure but could add up depending on how many figures you need for your diorama.

Although they aren't as good, if you like Royal Navy or RAF and other commonwealth figures, I really like these figures by Gunthwaite Miniatures.

https://www.gunthwaite.co.uk/Range.html

I really enjoyed painting up this pair of aircrew figures to go with my Airfix Defiant.

16345762989_a4d9b4a43a_b.jpg

Defiant Completed 01 by Mark Maclean, on Flickr

Sorry if it's a little off topic but thougth you may find it interesting.

Regards,

Mark

1 hour ago, FZ6 said:

You're welcome @Bert ,

I haven't painted one yet but am looking forward to doing so. The first Reedoak figures I paint will be the 1/32 Super Hornet crew I have.

1/72 figures are about 5 euros each so not too bad per single figure but could add up depending on how many figures you need for your diorama.

Although they aren't as good, if you like Royal Navy or RAF and other commonwealth figures, I really like these figures by Gunthwaite Miniatures.

https://www.gunthwaite.co.uk/Range.html

I really enjoyed painting up this pair of aircrew figures to go with my Airfix Defiant.

16345762989_a4d9b4a43a_b.jpg

Defiant Completed 01 by Mark Maclean, on Flickr

Sorry if it's a little off topic but thougth you may find it interesting.

Regards,

Mark

Nice looking Defiant Mark! One of my favorite WW2 aircraft. I built the 1/72 MPM kit way back in 2007 in overall black camo.

The Gunthwaite Miniatures look promising and look very good standing next to your excellent Defiant.

What I need now are WW2 USAAF figures for the diorama I'm doing. Reedoak has a few that could work.

Thanks again Mark.

• Like 1