1/24 Scale Coca Cola Bottles

McG

Got a set of Doozy 1/24 scale plastic crates and Coca Cola bottles to go with a 1/25 scale pickup truck. 

The bottles are clear resin. 

Couple of quick Qs about making them look realistic.

1. What colour should I spray the bottles to make them look full? I was thinking Tamiya Smoke, but think it might be too translucent. 

2. Older Coca Cola bottles had a greenish blue tint to the glass. I’m thinking a heavily thinned mix of Tamiya clear blue and Green to just give a hint of colour. 

Any advice or tips appreciated. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/30/2021 at 12:24 PM, McG said:

Got a set of Doozy 1/24 scale plastic crates and Coca Cola bottles to go with a 1/25 scale pickup truck. 

The bottles are clear resin. 

Couple of quick Qs about making them look realistic.

1. What colour should I spray the bottles to make them look full? I was thinking Tamiya Smoke, but think it might be too translucent. 

2. Older Coca Cola bottles had a greenish blue tint to the glass. I’m thinking a heavily thinned mix of Tamiya clear blue and Green to just give a hint of colour. 

Any advice or tips appreciated. 

@McGI do believe your on the right track. Over the past few years I've collected the automotive kits that have the bottles and machines sponsored by Coke. I think what I have is Gunzy sanyo clear colors. What I plan on doing is try some test sheets of clears or cast some test plates of clear resin. My thought is to spray with the yellow and then green to see if the over sprayed green on yellow comes close to what I remember the full bottles represent. If not I'll start thinning colors.

Good luck

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

I have these in my stash and plan a diorama in the future. The colored coke bottle case sets are from the AMT 41 Plymouth kit

IMG_0589

The bottles are near the color of the original bottles I remember and I have to decide whether to leave them in an empty state or paint them as a full bottle.

IMG_0588

Other AMT and MPC kits have different coke product equipment as this AMT 55 Chevy Pickup which has a cast metal 50's series machine.

IMG_0591 IMG_0590

These last 2 photos are of the kits box tops that have a variety of coke decals of different periods.

IMG_0593 IMG_0592

The future diorama is of a Mel's restaurant or similar with gassers and hot rods in the 60's. I don't have the Doozy set but have these and will have all the AMT garage accessories sets as I find them available.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker