Tamiya 1/24 Porsche 935 "Martini"

This is my latest finished build and another classic kit from Tamiya. Although this kit is very basic in terms of detail I still think it builds up into a smashing 935 when finished. The only issue I had during the build was with the decals which for some unknown reason just didn't want to come off the backing paper without a fight. In the end I resorted to dipping them in boiling water which did the trick and once free from the backing paper they went down really well although in some areas a lot of micro sol was required. The kit was primed in mr surfacer 1500 grey and the basecoat white was the old faithful Tamiya X2 thinned with levelling thinner. The gloss coat was zero paints 2K clear and for the tyre lettering I used a Dunlop stencil. Unusually for me i decided to add the driver figure that comes in the box this was a side project whilst I was waiting for the clear coat to dry. Here's a few pic's of the finished build plus a couple of the man behind the wheel ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

ย 

So that's it for now time to start planning for my next build which I think could be a bit of a challenge ๐Ÿค”.ย  Thanks for looking back soon ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 20

Wonderful Andy!!!!

Another stunner from your studioย ๐Ÿ˜

I enjoyed to follow your WIP and I love the result here in the RFI.

Looking forward to next upcoming project from youย 

Stay save and healthyย 

Marco Fย 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Toftdale said:

Another Stunner,ย  built to your usual high standards in a ridiculously short time frame.ย  ย Looking forward to the next one - Andyย ย 

Thanks Andy I really enjoyed this one a basic kit but fun to build ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

34 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Brilliantly done Andy. Lovely looking car with a cracking paint scheme. Well done mate.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Cheers Stef 1/48 Spitfire next ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

Wonderful Andy!!!!

Another stunner from your studioย ๐Ÿ˜

I enjoyed to follow your WIP and I love the result here in the RFI.

Looking forward to next upcoming project from youย 

Stay save and healthyย 

Marco Fย 

Thanks Marco I'm glad you like it. Something slightly different next a nice looking Eduard kit of a Spitfire ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

23 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

This look gorgeous Andy, great job on this little beauty.ย 

Looking forward to the Spitfire now, you should watch the Battle of Britain for some Spitfire inspiration๐Ÿ˜„

Great workย 

Chris

Now believe it or not I've watched the Battle of Britain loads of times Chris infact I have the dvd still which I had for xmas many moons ago ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

That's another cracker Andy, beautifully clean build and superb paint and decalling!

ย 

Top job - again!! :)

ย 

K

Thanks Keith much appreciated mate ๐Ÿ‘ย 

Just now, Windy37 said:

Another good result there , Andy . Nice one !ย 
ย Gary .ย 

Cheers Gary looking forward to seeing your latest build finished soon ๐Ÿ‘ย 

• Like 1

Spitfireย ๐Ÿค”....ahh...yep...the plane not the Triumph...I started wondering which kit release i've missedย ๐Ÿคซ๐Ÿคญ...I'll guess this one would be the next great creationย 

All the bestย 

Marco Fย 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, McG said:

The finish is really nice on this Andy. Youโ€™ll be needing the Revell 934 RSR in Martini livery to site alongside it.

ย 

Mark

Thanks Mark, I've looked at the Revell kit a number of times and I think it could be one for the future ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

11 minutes ago, Fnick said:

Top work Andy. The figure adds an extra level of realism. Looking forward to your next build

ย 

Nick

Cheers Nick I only built the figure to pass some time but I quite enjoyed it ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

10 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

Spitfireย ๐Ÿค”....ahh...yep...the plane not the Triumph...I started wondering which kit release i've missedย ๐Ÿคซ๐Ÿคญ...I'll guess this one would be the next great creationย 

All the bestย 

Marco Fย 

I've only ever built a few aircraft kits Marco and that was quite a while ago so this build will be a bit of a learning curve i think ๐Ÿค”ย 

2 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

A change of scenery. Will follow along when you set up.๐Ÿ‘

Cheers Stef I just woke up a couple of weeks ago with the need to build a Spitfire so I thought.....why not give it a shot.....nothing ventured nothing gained as they say ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1