F-4B "Old Nick" 153019 Tamiya 1:48

10 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Really good Toom !! 

Congratulations !!

Sincerely.

CC

7 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Fantastic. Just taxying on to the cat, primer spots, posed figures and a perfect realistic finish...superb modelling 👏👏👏

Thank you CC and Alan!

exactly ...on a CAP Mission 1972 on the way to the cat!

Here she says: Not a pound for air to ground!

🙂

• Like 2

Hi Tom,

Good to see another cracker ! :thumbsup:It turns out brilliant, especially the decent weathering. The pilots are very nice to see. Are there some larger pic’s from them? 

Kind regards 

Andy

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Paramedic said:

Great build, well done!

9 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

Hi Tom,

Good to see another cracker ! :thumbsup:It turns out brilliant, especially the decent weathering. The pilots are very nice to see. Are there some larger pic’s from them? 

Kind regards 

Andy

8 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

You made the Phantom look just phabulous 😉 in the livery of the Sundowners.  :goodjob: 

Mike

7 hours ago, billn53 said:

Beautifully done! You can be proud of that one.

6 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Gorgeous Phantom!

4 hours ago, Remus389 said:

Remarkable job! 😎👍

1 hour ago, Vultures1 said:

Beautiful work - well done!

Thank you mates that you like it! To you all!

To Andy: there will be a feature in Modellfan with details!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you,mates!

On 30/11/2021 at 21:40, binbrook87 said:

Absolutely stunning! One of the finest F-4 colour schemes.... Sundowners sharkmouth... what's not to like! Great build 👍👍

Sundowners are great, also F-14 colors...

Very nice work, Tom.

At the risk of sounding like a heretic, where in the kit did you find it wanting? I'm in the middle of building mine, and i'd be interested in comparing notes.

-d-

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, David H said:

Very nice work, Tom.

At the risk of sounding like a heretic, where in the kit did you find it wanting? I'm in the middle of building mine, and i'd be interested in comparing notes.

-d-

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

great!

I would have prefered the load out from the photo, but still absolutley phantastic!!

Thank you two!

@david: i had an early test shot. the fit of radome, intakes, canopy and fin box was not so good. the modularity and flexible plastic may make problems with the fit of the canopy (easily too wide). The rockets and pylons are not good in details. The burner cans are too flush with the cover, i widened the fuselage at the lids. The clear parts have a seam and a lot of distortion there.

There will be a build feature in the german Modellfan Magazine 3 2022, as ripped PDF usually soon made easily accessible by russian fan folks :-0

@ exdraken: yes they flew a lot of bomb runs as B-4B (kicher), but i like much more the CAP-Missions they also flew as a fighter: Not a pound for air to ground!

• Like 1