1/144 - Myasishchev M-50 "Bounder" by MikroMir - 3D renders - release in 2023 ?

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Myasishchev M-50 "Bounder" by MikroMir - 3D renders - release in 2022
6 minutes ago, exdraken said:

I am still searching for reasonably prices M3 though... availability seems to be a bit of an issue in Europe! :(

I checked with the direct importer from MikroMir the price of 144-033 (1/144 Myasishchev 3MD) - it is deadly high. I am afraid that cheap kits are a thing of the past that will not be coming back any time soon.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

I checked with the direct importer from MikroMir the price of 144-033 (1/144 Myasishchev 3MD) - it is deadly high. I am afraid that cheap kits are a thing of the past that will not be coming back any time soon.

Thanks!

It is rather cheap in Ucraine directly. But in the EU nearly double that...

A direct import lately is very risky, my last intent did never reach me and went back to the sender without me being even notified... fortunately I only had to bear the shipping costs in the end.. but I an still without a kit :(

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Not really, 50 USD + shipping for the kit mentioned above: https://ua-hobby.com/products/1-144-myasishchev-3md-bison-c-mikromir-144-033

I don't know - 50 USD for that kit doesn't sound too expensive. That is a Bison you're talking about there - even in 1/144 it has to be rather large. Still, I wish someone would come out with these big Soviet bombers in all-plastic kits in 1/72nd scale. I would be willing to pay quite a bit more than 50 USD (and shipping) for a kit in the one true scale. That's probably not going to happen anytime soon, but I can always hope! Still, when it comes to Soviet aircraft, the more the merrier, no matter what the scale.

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Not really, 50 USD + shipping for the kit mentioned above: https://ua-hobby.com/products/1-144-myasishchev-3md-bison-c-mikromir-144-033

we are going of topic there... that is still from Ucraine! I'd need it from within the EU.... sorry for that...

I can also go ebay and pay 200€  for that same model.... :(

but I can't find it at a reasonable price here... that is all....

and I fear the same for the M50 Bounder....

availability is paramount!

17 minutes ago, Learstang said:

I don't know - 50 USD for that kit doesn't sound too expensive.

I refer to the statement that the model in Ukraine is much cheaper. 63.35 USD is the price with shipping if purchased to neighbouring Poland., I'm not sure how much more will be for posting to other countries. Basically the purchase price with shipment in Ukraine is comparable with the purchase price in the Polish model shop.

17 minutes ago, Learstang said:

Still, I wish someone would come out with these big Soviet bombers in all-plastic kits in 1/72nd scale. I would be willing to pay quite a bit more than 50 USD (and shipping) for a kit in the one true scale. That's probably not going to happen anytime soon, but I can always hope!

To be honest, I don't know if making these models solely from plastic is technologically possible at all. Amodel, who made these kits as a resin-injection mix, uses a special resin for their "monster" series.

The profitability is not even worth talking about, they would cost a fortune and there would be few buyers.

On the other hand, I'm very happy to see MikroMir making this series in 1/144. If they start making planes flying in the Soviet space program, I think I'll stop resisting the temptation :D

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Amodel released kit in 1/72.

Amodel-m72016.jpg

Thanks, I was aware of the A-model version, but I hold out hope for something with better fit.

Cheers,

Tom

10 hours ago, Beermonster1958 said:

The M4 is listed at Aviation Megastore for €46 (£39).

the M3 ;)

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/myasishchev-3mc-bison-expected-soon-mikro-mir-mm-144032-aircraft-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=181313

that reads already really good! thanks!

maybe there was a general issue with availabilty  up until now.... explaining in part very high prices and little proliferation!

• Like 1

Nice to see more of the Soviet bombers coming out and a little less cheaper than Anigrand but still a high cost especially with shipping. Hannants is the only listed in the UK with the 3MS for now at over £50. Managed to pick a pair up for £45 each at Telford. 

The only problem I find with these kits  - as I found with the Blinder is that there are too many tiny parts that should not be made separate and could of had been incorporated with other parts. Some parts just snap, fly off and disappear or just so tiny you can't get a dap of glue on them. 

18 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

TBH I don't think these types of kits are ever going to be released by mainstream manufacturers from metal moulds.

I assume also short run kits come from metal molds..   maybe not steel  but still metal

It is not resin, or 3d print after all!

4 minutes ago, exdraken said:

I assume also short run kits come from metal molds..   maybe not steel  but still metal

Kits from metal moulds are not short runs. Short run kits are made from resin moulds - just resin or galvanized ones. The top photo shows many of the resin moulds that Special Hobby got rid of this year. On the bottom one a galvanised resin mould for a Barracuda in 1/72, also Special Hobby.

The resin mould can withstand about 1000 injections. A galvanized one lasts about 3000, a well-prepared one about 5000. The latest approach is 3D printing of the negative of the mould and coating it, which should give about 5000-10000 injections. Light metal moulds allow for tens of thousands of injections, steel moulds for hundreds of thousands.

cof.jpg
Barracuda-Mould.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, I was aware of the A-model version, but I hold out hope for something with better fit.

Didn't find any issues with the Amodel kit, (except maybe the cost!). It's also rather large, to put it mildly...

2-P1040406.jpg

The 1/144th Anigrand resin version is nice too, though again, expensive. I converted mine to an M-52 missile carrier.

1-P1100009-001.jpg

Great to hear Mikromir are producing this monster, the renders look good, a natural follow-on to the 3m/VM-T...(just need an M-4 now, to complete the set)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

Didn't find any issues with the Amodel kit, (except maybe the cost!). It's also rather large, to put it mildly...

The 1/144th Anigrand resin version is nice too, though again, expensive. I converted mine to an M-52 missile carrier.

Great to hear Mikromir are producing this monster, the renders look good, a natural follow-on to the 3m/VM-T...(just need an M-4 now, to complete the set)

Wow.  They both look amazing, especially the A-Model one.  It looks more like something out of Gerry Anderson.  An impressive beast although I seem to remember reading that it had serious aerodynamic deficiencies prior to its cancellation.  In terms of length how does it compare to, say, the Vulcan?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, general melchett said:

2-P1040406.jpg

Am I the only one who sees a Gerry Andersonish look to this photo? cue the Tracy brothers. :)

Looks super General, I can see a 1/144 one of these & an M3 in my future. <_< 

Steve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1