Ladder for Tornado GR.1?

Johnson

2 hours ago, Jabba said:

I do have pictures of Op Telic Tornado GR4s with this type of ladder.

Thanks Jabba, but I was more thinking of an Op Granby GR.1, if the promised Eduard (Revell) kit ever arrives!

Cheers,

12 minutes ago, Johnson said:

Thanks Jabba, but I was more thinking of an Op Granby GR.1, if the promised Eduard (Revell) kit ever arrives!

Does this picture help, it's a scan of an old newspaper photograph from January 1991 showing the ladder.

51714080728_1f1ab476dc_b.jpgGulf War 1 - RAF Tornado GR1 Flightline Image by richard.everett3, on Flickr

More knowledgeable heads may be able to confirm but I have seen this ladder referred to as an "RAF Germany" ladder even though it was used by both UK and German based squadrons.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Does this picture help, it's a scan of an old newspaper photograph from January 1991 showing the ladder.

It does Richard, good Op Granby evidence. Great picture too, despite being a newspaper scan. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

And another Granby jet with one that looks the same to me...

👍 - Thanks K

1 minute ago, Johnson said:

It does Richard, good Op Granby evidence. Great picture too, despite being a newspaper scan. Thanks.

One day, one day in the far and distant future, it's intended to be the inspiration for a diorama.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Johnson said:

Cheers,

Sorry misread the question. as others have already said yes, I have one on one of my Op Granby Tornados.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 29/11/2021 at 15:45, Johnson said:

LP Models make beautiful 3D printed ladders.

Does anyone know if the 1/72 ladder for the Tornado GR.4 would also be correct for a GR.1?

LP72025.jpg?t=1604943546

TIA

Hi,

I do believe that this ladder type has been used on Tornadoes since Prototypes

• Thanks 1