Tornado GR.1 1/72 EDUARD

Hi folks,

this my recent build of the Eduard kit, i.e. reboxed Revell kit with some accessories. While the etched and resin stuff is great, the Revell molds seems to remember the WII and these were of poor quality indeed with many scratches, flash etc., not speaking about triste state of the cleat parts. Therefore my enthusiasm quickly evaporated and I was glad I eventually found enough determination to get the kit off my table.

Kit built OOB, only the AIM-9L were replaced with Reskit items, the RBF are Eduard etched and the "FODs" were glued from a paper tissue.

Cheers

Libor

51713396876_3d222c444c_o.jpg

51713396861_aa13edbd7d_o.jpg

51714058009_491b821651_o.jpg

51714057984_a8e4cca696_o.jpg

51714270460_ef654e2178_o.jpg

51714057939_ce9ec841f6_o.jpg

• Like 74

That is absolutely stunning! One of the best 1/72 Revell Tornado's I think i've ever seen! The weathering & chipping looks spot on, but what does it for me is the black framing around that troublesome canopy & what must be a bit of filling around the canopy actuator. I remember what a pain that canopy was when I did my gold star special.

Martin

• Thanks 1

Hi Libor,

Great work, as always, the paint job and details are fantastic.

Post-60’s jets are not my cup of tea, but IMHO shouldn’t the swept angle to be at its minimum on the ground,  with wings fully open (maximum lift for take-off) ?

Edited by Oompa Loompa modelers
typing error
  • Thanks 1

That's a stunner, it's a shame you didn't enjoy the build too much but at least you've produced a very good looking Tornado!

Can I ask what paint you used for the desert scheme?

Rich

• Thanks 1

On 29/11/2021 at 19:19, Redboost said:

Hi folks,

this my recent build of the Eduard kit, i.e. reboxed Revell kit with some accessories. While the etched and resin stuff is great, the Revell molds seems to remember the WII and these were of poor quality indeed with many scratches, flash etc., not speaking about triste state of the cleat parts. Therefore my enthusiasm quickly evaporated and I was glad I eventually found enough determination to get the kit off my table.

Kit built OOB, only the AIM-9L were replaced with Reskit items, the RBF are Eduard etched and the "FODs" were glued from a paper tissue.

Cheers

Libor

You achieved fantastic result (as always)!

I totally agree with your statements. Old Revell has some beautifull details (cockpit - IMHO better than Eduard PE parts) but other are really poor. Many lines and details disppeared, endless fitting, scribing and so on are must. Anyway - your model is great inspiration for me!

Best regards,

Michal

Edited by socjo1
  • Thanks 1