Another Fw190A-5 in 1/72

Hello again fellow modellers. 

This week I present another of the small stash I had of Eduard Fw190's.

Built from the box and using the suggested colour scheme for the camouflage.  It's a different scheme from the usual, which is what attracted me to the build.  It is also my best constructed Eduard 190 yet, though I must admit I still struggle to find the best way to put together the undercarriage wheel wells so it fits snugly with the wings.  Anyone out there who knows how to do it properly please let me know as I still have one Fw190 to build.

Anyway, to this model. 

Brush painted (as always) using Xtracolour paints and the odd bit of Humbrol here and there.

The strange demarcations were achieved by cutting chevrons into some Tamiya masking tape with a scalpel.  I thought it worked quite well.

Final coat of the Winsor & Newton flat acrylic and this was the result.

Not bad for a beginner, but as I have been modelling off and on for 55 years I should be better that this.

Here she is.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 20

Yowzah! That's one handsome Wurger! Looks like the erks in the paint shop had a huge pair of pinkig shears when they painted this one! IIRC, there were some Bf-109G's that used the same irregular pattern on the wings. You must be related to @tonyot, seeing how  you sling that paint brush!

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2021 at 4:51 PM, FatFlyHalf said:

Not bad for a beginner, but as I have been modelling off and on for 55 years I should be better that this.

Ah, but if you're enjoying the hobby what does it matter? That's what I tell myself when I feel a model hasn't turned out as well as I'd hoped. Doesn't always help..  😄

Your Fw 190 looks great from here, especially that weird camo. 

• Thanks 1