Best greetings from Germany

Micha_Pol

Hello everyone. Greetings from a fellow (ship) modeller from Schwerin, Germany. Have been visiting this site and enjoying all the wonderful work here. Since I have a Royal Navy - themed project in mind for 2022 I have joined up, so I can hopefully get some help and alse maybe provide some entertainment. I have only built a small number of ships so far and still consider myself rather inexperienced. And BTW, Schwerin is one of Germany´s most beautiful towns, so should you be around - come and enjoy it.

• Like 3

Thanks a lot for the kind welcome. @ArnoldAmbrose the project will bei "unveiled" as soon as I start on it. It will be a ship from the most beautiful era in shipbuilding - the Ironclad, Pre-dreadnought and early Dreadnought era. So far, I have only made a few ships, and even fewer are worth showing. Here are two I am most happy with so far - USS Iowa in 1/700 and Ting Yuen in 1/350. spacer.png spacer.png

Edited by Micha_Pol
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, Micha_Pol said:

and even fewer are worth showing.

Gidday again Micha, I think all models are worth showing. Everybody builds to different levels, mine are quite crude compared to many models here.

Most of mine are WW2 vintage, although I've done a HMS Iron Duke as at the Battle of Jutland. I'd like to do more WW1 vintage ships in the near future. I've never done any of your preferred vintage yet, the Ironclads and pre-dreadnoughts.

I think the two you've shown us above are very good. And I think it would be an interesting comparison showing your USS Iowa alongside the WW2 ship.

Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

You might think you're inexperienced but you're definitely doing it right! Also good to see more subjects from the early steam/big gun era. Like Arnold (Jeff) I build mostly WW2 but also modern warships so it'll be good to have you aboard!

Servus aus Wien - just to show that not only Brits are hanging around here. Quite the opposite, it's a friendly plae for modellers all over the world. 😉

I do plan to start some (or continue) on some WW1 dugouts myself, so you got me curious!

Looking forward to your builds, and in the meantime: welcome to the group!

20 hours ago, Micha_Pol said:

USS Iowa in 1/700 and Ting Yuen in 1/350.

A warm welcome from a fellow ship builder in the UK.

Well, those two look wonderful, I shall be keeping an eye on your future projects.

Jon