Here comes the Fleet Air Arm Chat

17 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Well I've tried to do a search and haven't found anything, (boggles the mind as to why) so I'm a gonna run it up the flag pole and see if anyone salutes it. What I'm proposing is this..

A subject last visited in 2013, so well overdue for a revisit.  I built this Fujimi FG1 Phantom.

Fujimi-F4-K-Phantom.jpg

An Airfix Phantom, Airfix Sea Vixen, Revell Gannet, Sword Gannet, and Sword Harrier T4 to choose from - I'm in.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

A subject last visited in 2013, so well overdue for a revisit.  I built this Fujimi FG1 Phantom.

An Airfix Phantom, Airfix Sea Vixen, Revell Gannet, Sword Gannet, and Sword Harrier T4 to choose from - I'm in.

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

Might be a good spot to finally get my Sword Seafire Mk.IIc built and decorated with Blackbird Models Op. Torch decals, so please add me to the list 🙂V-P

Added and added. Welcome aboard!

1 hour ago, alt-92 said:

You have my vote... 

78026252.jpg

Welcome aboard on this little quest. One FAA GB to Rule them ALL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Well I do want to add a wyvern or a gannet or even a sea fury to my collection so if they qualify I'm in. 

If they don't me in deep kimchi. You in at the legal beverage spot of 21.

• Thanks 1

I've had an urge to build a Fulmar or Swordfish for some reason for years. Add me to the list please

If this get's up can I build an RAF utilised Fulmar or Swordfish, or would my build have have to be a FAA utilised Fulmar or Swordfish?

5 hours ago, Rafwaffe said:

I've had an urge to build a Fulmar or Swordfish for some reason for years. Add me to the list please

If this get's up can I build an RAF utilised Fulmar or Swordfish, or would my build have have to be a FAA utilised Fulmar or Swordfish?

Since these were originally flown from carriers and I'm assuming these Fulmar and Swordfish were part of RAF Coastal Command and used against shipping I can't see why not. But I do want to keep it as close to Fleet Air Arm as much as possible.

And you're Added Sir!

3 hours ago, zegeye said:

I'm in

You're added , Welcome aboard!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

I don't think that the RAF operated any Fulmars, although the Vichy French did have one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._273_Squadron_RAF

Just the one squadron, based overseas.

During the Battle of Britain, Fulmars did come under the control of Fighter Command. Was it 806 or 808 Squadron FAA?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._273_Squadron_RAF

Just the one squadron, based overseas.

During the Battle of Britain, Fulmars did come under the control of Fighter Command. Was it 806 or 808 Squadron FAA?

Thanks Heather, Swordfish 812 Sq was attached to RAF Coastal Command to assist in attack to  the low counties and the Dunkirk Evacuation then transferred back to FAA   March 1941 for Mediterranean duty.

2 minutes ago, wellsprop said:

Well I have 24 1/48 models in my stash, 20 of which are Fleet Air Arm.

Given that I build one a month, this will certainly see me until 2023! So count me in :D

Attention on Deck!  Now arriving   wellsprop. Welcome aboard!

• Haha 1

Could build a Buccaneer, I'd quite like an S1 based on the recent Airfix kit. I already have an S2C. Or maybe a Sea Vixen, if I could get hold of an FAW.1 in 1/72. Could even do a Seafire. Plenty of good options for this.

or ...... maybe ........

f1a8fcb96330ce9240c1267ca937c5ca--flying

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 01/12/2021 at 18:37, Bobby No Mac said:

I was dragged along to the FAA Museum every summer holiday during my childhood, I have no choice to say yes, a million times yes. Sign me up :yahoo:

Excellent great to see such quality parenting on show here. :like:

Well as Chris aka @dogsbodywas kind enough some time ago to furnish me with decals for a Taranto Swordfish it would be just plain rude not to build it in the GB, so please add me to your list.

Now can we get Chris to join..... :wicked:

Cheers Pat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1