Here comes the Fleet Air Arm Chat

7 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Interesting idea Bertie. I had just considered aircraft spanning the many decades. But on reflection of your suggestion, I'm going to modify this some. ANY Equipment on land or sea used in direct support FAA , it's predecessors, or successors is eligible. I hope this doesn't get too unwieldly. I think I'm going to need a co-host. 

Ohh, that’s given me an idea for a build, not necessarily in this GB. I bet someone makes a kit of those field guns that the FAA and the other two teams race up and down Earl’s Court with each year. The hardest sport in the world, some say. 

21 minutes ago, Ngantek said:

I'm new to the forum and have never done a group build, but given 3/4 of my stash is FAA, I'm certainly keen for this one to happen! I'm in.

They're pretty easy going, its mostly fun and banter. Some modeling will get done of course but fun is the point, after all it is a hobby. If you have questions you can D/message or do this @Corsairfoxfouruncle to get someones attention. 

Welcome aboard Ngantek! You are added to our little band of mischief makers. Hopefully if we make it through the Bunfight we'll be able to help you thin your FAA stash down a tad.

On 4/12/2022 at 7:21 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

They're pretty easy going, its mostly fun and banter. Some modeling will get done of course but fun is the point, after all it is a hobby. If you have questions you can D/message or do this @Corsairfoxfouruncle to get someones attention. 

You mean we get to build models too? Will wonders never cease.:yahoo: But if word of that gets around no telling what will happen.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/30/2021 at 9:16 AM, theplasticsurgeon said:

An Airfix Phantom, Airfix Sea Vixen, Revell Gannet, Sword Gannet, and Sword Harrier T4 to choose from - I'm in.

And added an Xtrakit Scimitar to that list.  Bought at RIAT Fairford.

Xtrakit-Scimitar.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/26/2022 at 7:37 AM, theplasticsurgeon said:

And added an Xtrakit Scimitar to that list.

Xtrakit-Scimitar.jpg

Well done scoring one of those Tim :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2022 at 11:19 AM, Col. said:

Well done scoring one of those Tim :thumbsup:

Nice enough kit Tim, just don't forget the ruddy anhedral like I did and watch the decs!

DSC02289-crop

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2.  @Grey Beema

3    @Jb65rams

4   @Paul Bradley

5.  @TEMPESTMK5

6.  @DaveJL

7.    @Col.

8.   @franky boy

9.  @zebra

10.  @stevehnz

11.  @mackem01

12.  @Dermo245

13.  @Corsairfoxfouruncle

14.  @TonyOD

15.  @bigbadbadge

16.  @Thom216

17.  @CliffB

18.  @theplasticsurgeon

19.  @alt-92

20.  @vppelt68

21.  @Marklo

22,  @Evil_Toast_RSA

23.   @Bobby No Mac

24.  @wellsprop

25.  @zegeye

26. @Tim R-T-C

27. @JOCKNEY

28. @reini

29.  @Broadway

30.  @galgos

31.  @bigfoot

32.   @Dunny

33.    @Steve 1602

34.   @Derek D.

33.    @mil 24

34.    @GREG DESTEC

35.   @Ngantek

36.     @PeterB

37. @Grandboof

It is that time of year Ladies and Gents. The ever popular and exciting Bunfight. I'm hoping you will help me with your vote to get this GB(My first as Host)across the finish line. What's not to like? FAA in all it's colours conditions and ages from the dim and distant past, to the present. Over 100 years of history waiting with bated breath to be represented in all it's Glory. All I can say more is Vote for the FAA of your Choice. But VOTE!

• Like 12

1 minute ago, TonyOD said:

What marque you got in mind, Dennis?

I have a II, III, and a XV, Im thinking the Seafire II or III. Either Mediterranean for the II like this.

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Supermarine_Seafire_Mk_IIc_of_No._885_Naval_Air_Squadron_on_the_flight_deck_of_HMS_FORMIDABLE_in_the_Mediterranean,_December_1942._A14219.jpg#mw-jump-to-license

That or Pacific theater for the III like this. 

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Supermarine_Seafire_LF.IIIc_‘PP972_11-5_N’_(G-BUAR)_(31868983568).jpg

Im not sure about the XV yet so will leave that for a future build. Most likely RCN but open to ideas as of right now. 

• Like 3

Can I please sign up? I’ll even vote for the GB too! I thought I’d put my name down… now I’ve gotten through 2022 and the addition of a 1/1 scale human and finishing uni I have a good feeling I’ll get some building in at last in 2023.

I feel in urge to build something with a nautical  avian name like fulmar or skua or the like…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rafwaffe said:

Can I please sign up? I’ll even vote for the GB too! I thought I’d put my name down… now I’ve gotten through 2022 and the addition of a 1/1 scale human and finishing uni I have a good feeling I’ll get some building in at last in 2023.

I feel in urge to build something with a nautical  avian name like fulmar or skua or the like…

You is definitely signed. Coming in at  a nice round 37 5/8(actually 38) This will be a bumper GB if it gets through the Bun Fight. 

• Thanks 1

In fact at 38 I think it might be prudent if I could ask, cajole, plead,  con beg one my my astute colleagues in the BM Metaverse , especially if they are educated in the FAA, to co-host this little clam bake.

I have 4 I would like to try and get done should this make it. A Trumpeter Supermarine Seafang, Airfix Hawker SeaFury, a Dynavector Fairey Gannet or Sea Hornet. The last 2 if I'm really off the deep end.