Here comes the Fleet Air Arm Chat

8 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

In fact at 38 I think it might be prudent if I could ask, cajole, plead,  con beg one my my astute colleagues in the BM Metaverse , especially if they are educated in the FAA, to co-host this little clam bake.

I'm up for the task if you'll have me Loren.

• Like 2

On 29/11/2021 at 17:58, LorenSharp said:

Doesn't matter if its Vac, resin, biplane, prop, airbag, jet you name it if it FAA its in, also ANY Equipment on land or sea used in direct support FAA , it's predecessors, or successors is eligible

I think aircraft carriers could be regarded as equipment on sea that are used in direct support of the FAA... :giggle:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Dunno if this question has been answered yet.  Do aircraft carriers count in this GB?   Are they actually part of the FAA

Sounds like that would be best for the Salty Sea Dog GB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Thom216 said:

Sounds like that would be best for the Salty Sea Dog GB.

True enough.   It's not like I don't have enough aircraft choices in The Stash.   Recently I have built Phantoms, Buccaneers, a Firebrand, Hellcats, Corsairs....   maybe I should venture a little further afield.  I rather fancy a Tarpon.  Or maybe a Scimitar. 

• Like 1

Actually on the question of Carriers, as long as they are British I would think that Fleet Air would be landing on them, at least I hope, So I would say Carriers are a go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

I rather fancy a Tarpon.  Or maybe a Scimitar. 

I've just communed with The Stash.  The Stash has kindly presented me with a 1/72 Tarpon and a 1/72 Avenger ECM 6, both from Sword.  It's sort of a first-and-last deal.    The Stash has also recommended a CMK Scimitar... 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Maginot said:

Yes! Hoist the Jolly Roger and let's get on with it. I'm on board.

Arrrrrrg,,,, Avast ye there me hearty. Welcome aboard and and may God have mercy on yer poor besotted  soul...One more fer us.... one less fer  them.... Arrrrrrrgggg.

• Haha 2

Don't usually frequent the GB forums and I only came across to place my vote for the Salty Sea Dog GB when I saw this.  As a former Observer who only ever usually models Fleet Air Arm or RN subjects, this is a no brainer for me so have placed a vote for this as well.  Do count me in (subject to start date).  I have multiple options in the stash.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Don't usually frequent the GB forums and I only came across to place my vote for the Salty Sea Dog GB when I saw this.  As a former Observer who only ever usually models Fleet Air Arm or RN subjects, this is a no brainer for me so have placed a vote for this as well.  Do count me in (subject to start date).  I have multiple options in the stash.

So let it be written, So let it be Done (In my best Yul Brenner Imitation) We have now crossed the threshold of 40!

10 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

So much watery goodness! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s going to be a busy year in the GBs what with ‘Here comes the Fleet Air Arm’ and ‘Salty Sea Dogs’

I’m thinking Fulmar and I’m thinking I might try some origami.  I definitely have an 806 & an 803 aircraft earmarked for the Fulmars.  I’m also thinking Seafire III maybe with engine and folded wings - BPF depending on how adventurous I feel...

Edited by Grey Beema
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Excellent news,  success at the Bunfight.

I'm thinking of building this - decals for a black FAA 899NAS have come my way.

Sword-Harrier.jpg

Excellent choice!

On 11/14/2022 at 6:00 AM, Marklo said:

47-B45378-72-D0-4607-8-C31-200-A76567-E8

Well if silver wings tanks this will be the home for my Blackburn Blackburn and/or my bison.

That is so ugly Marklo, it's actually rather cute. Can't wait to see it's completion.