Here comes the Fleet Air Arm Chat

3 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

I'd definitely be interested. I've got FM-2, Westland Dragonfly and a lovely Miniwing Sea Vixen in the stash along with some carrier deck details.

29 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Excellent great to see such quality parenting on show here. :like:

Well as Chris aka @dogsbodywas kind enough some time ago to furnish me with decals for a Taranto Swordfish it would be just plain rude not to build it in the GB, so please add me to your list.

Now can we get Chris to join..... :wicked:

Cheers Pat

Both are added Welcome Aboard. the U.S.S. Echo (See if anyone can get the refence . should be easy.)

Well Pat, at least you know what your marching orders are now. That is if you decide to accept the assignment. Of course, standard protocol, should you be apprehended by some foreign nasty power, we will disavow all knowledge of your actions. This message will self destruct in :angry:

34 minutes ago, reini said:

Im in 👍

Welcome aboard and thanks for joining!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

@dogsbody

Now can we get Chris to join..... :wicked:

Cheers Pat

Can't do it, Pat. My room is still full of other stuff. After the renos to the basement rec-room and bathroom, for my eldest daughter and her man, I was just beginning to get some space back in my room. Then last week, our furnace went belly up, so the furnace room and some of the laundry room had to be cleared out for the new furnace and associated venting to be installed. Good thing too! This morning the outside temperature is -22C.

Chris

• Sad 2

40 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Wackiest ship in the Army 

Right you are Sir!   Can't slip anything past Dennis. But then we were both old when dirt was new.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Can't do it, Pat. My room is still full of other stuff. After the renos to the basement rec-room and bathroom, for my eldest daughter and her man, I was just beginning to get some space back in my room. Then last week, our furnace went belly up, so the furnace room and some of the laundry room had to be cleared out for the new furnace and associated venting to be installed. Good thing too! This morning the outside temperature is -22C.

Chris

Really sorry to hear that mate, hopefully you are managing to keep warm by rubbing two Mounties :chilly: together until the furnace is fixed. 

As this GB isn't till 2023, hopefully you will be able to join us when life settles down a bit.

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Broadway said:

Count me in, I have a few to choose from.

Welcome aboard! I can't wait to see your choices.

22 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Chris

No worries Chris, We'll keep the light on for you anyways, just in case.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, galgos said:

I’ve got a Fisher Sea Fury to build at some point, why not here? Put me down please.

41 minutes ago, bigfoot said:

I’ll put my name down for this one, just reading Kamikaze Hunters about the FAA down in the pacific. I may do an avenger/martlet or tempted by a swordfish 

Gentlemen, you're both added welcome aboard! And that brings us up to 30 and 31 respectively! Woo HOO!!

• Like 1

• LorenSharp changed the title to Here comes the Fleet! Air Arm that is. Now crossing the line at over 30!
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 3:09 AM, Steve 1602 said:

Count me in for this one! I’ve a number of FAA operated aircraft subjects in the stash. I’m thinking Seafire 👍

You're added. Welcome aboard!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

As a newbie I'm not sure how all this works but I'm definitely up for this. Multiple options in the stash, mainly 1/72. Classic Fulmar, Barracuda or Firefly or Gannet. Special Hobby Skua or Barracuda, Airfix and Eduard Martletts and Hellcats. Revell Corsair or Swordfish. Even the possibility of an Albacore...so many choices..

Derek

Welcome aboard Derek and Welcome to BM. I've added you to the list. Now we have to wait until November for the Bunfight voting, we already have a spot for that.. If we get enough votes to place in the top 7 or 8 or so then  we get a slot in 2023 to have our Group build.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Derek D. said:

As a newbie I'm not sure how all this works but I'm definitely up for this. Multiple options in the stash, mainly 1/72. Classic Fulmar, Barracuda or Firefly or Gannet. Special Hobby Skua or Barracuda, Airfix and Eduard Martletts and Hellcats. Revell Corsair or Swordfish. Even the possibility of an Albacore...so many choices..

Derek

5 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Welcome aboard Derek and Welcome to BM. I've added you to the list. Now we have to wait until November for the Bunfight voting, we already have a spot for that.. If we get enough votes to place in the top 7 or 8 or so then  we get a slot in 2023 to have our Group build.

As Loren says its all up to the bunfight now. As a member of the Forum you have 4 or 5 votes, can never quite remember. The top 7 or 8 builds will get a slot in the following calendar year. Group build hosts will notify sign up’s around the 1st of November to vote, so you have nothing to remember. Just be prepared to see a lot of cheer leading, funny stories, and jokes. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 5:33 AM, GREG DESTEC said:

Permission to come aboard😄

I have a Corsair that would fit the bill for this one,

Cheers Greg 👍

You're Added ! Welcome aboard!

On 4/4/2022 at 9:20 AM, Bertie Psmith said:

How about the carriers that they rode in on?

Interesting idea Bertie. I had just considered aircraft spanning the many decades. But on reflection of your suggestion, I'm going to modify this some. ANY Equipment on land or sea used in direct support FAA , it's predecessors, or successors is eligible. I hope this doesn't get too unwieldly. I think I'm going to need a co-host. 

• Like 1