A Fresh Project for the Winter. The Zoukei Mura 1/32 A-1J Skyraider

Hello everyone

I'm due to start a new project for the winter. I've had some issues with my stash recently as I've found some of them quite daunting when opening the boxes, wondering what I've got myself into as such. I even started a topic not to long ago regarding confidence in starting some kits in your stash, as if some of those kits intimidated you a little

So I felt now, the best thing to do is jump right in to one of those kits which I felt a little intimidated with and provide myself with a project for the winter months, especially as things look like they are picking up with the pandemic and staying indoors might be better for the winter.

So with this in mind, I am about to start the Zoukei Mura 1/32 A-1J Skyraider. I've always wanted to build a big Skyraider and was originally going to grab the Trumpeter version until I saw this one 2nd hand and still sealed for £80 and snapped it up before anyone else had the chance to get it. This was the first issue with the weapons sold separately, which I picked up along with the photoetched interior. 

Its been some time since I had a WIP on Britmodeller as I had a few stop start projects, or some I finished and didn't update on the forums but this one will go all the way, with updates posted regularly when they happen. I'm going to be making a start today, so wish me luck

uq-m4G6GcyfujvxZabAEdVQ2b9O3zhKsAtZ7D9Se

sRdCwQTRFKCpDOLYMEpYDZisYWShHhRJLIOpm8wn

• Like 4

So, for today I've been cleaning up and preparing the cockpit parts for painting. 

Since I'm also using the photo etched set I started removing all the required detail for the etched parts to be placed. 

I've just dry fitted the cockpit to see how it goes together and then I'm going to start painting this evening.

iDbmW2MWrkMPyL2IuRnnq96bJCss2je6QYfOC7gZ

• Like 2