1/32 DH.90 Lukgraph

And here it is...Result of few weeks of hard work...

Resin 1/32 DH.90 Dragonfly from Lukgraph.

Great set, has some minor problems but everything is quite easy to correct. PM me if you'll ever need help with it.

About dirtyness of model... I know that real DH.90 G-AEDU is perfectly clean. To be fair,I had to sand a lot from topside of model (because of my own mistake) so I had to cheat with painting, I mean to make it look more 3D. Then I had to unify overall look so, yes, It looks worn and dirty.  And yes, I'd overdone it :)

0KPwJGC.jpg
eUhwCoC.jpg
vE290D9.jpg
XcE67vN.jpg
aG3K6b2.jpg
730JRU9.jpg
gNyYIS4.jpg
Ov2k6WI.jpg
aXYQ9xs.jpg
iLIOEHn.jpg

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see one of these actually built!  While I'd love to have a 32nd Rapide (or 48th), I have to say that looking at your photos I was struck by the thought, "This has to be one of the less expected types to be able to get in 1/32!"

bob

30 minutes ago, gingerbob said:

Nice to see one of these actually built!  While I'd love to have a 32nd Rapide (or 48th), I have to say that looking at your photos I was struck by the thought, "This has to be one of the less expected types to be able to get in 1/32!"

bob

Just took a look at Lukgraph. There is a Rapide in 1/48!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to give you a Trophy for this one. Love the subject choice. 👍🔟🙂

Noted your "overdone it" comments. 

A tip for future reference if you wouldn't mind?

Even with age or neglect, doped silver fabric covering doesn't discolour as you've represented it, and as you've rightly pointed out, that particular aircraft was maintained in pristine condition. Try if you can to get to an aerodrome and have a look at a real silver doped airframe.

Ordinarily by the very nature of the tech, and especially during an epoch when labour was cheap and plentiful with no problem giving someone orders/instructions to clean, the covering was (and is still for extant examples IMPE) maintained, hangered and redoped regularly so it never gets the kind of dirty worn look an unpainted alloy skinned airframe can. Difficult to determine from extant photos I realise. Probably better to say, at least I've never ever seen one look like that -from the perspective of someone who's been active at every level of full size operational aviation for > 50 years now, and spent time around that 'tech' from the era e.g. DH.82s, DH.89, DH.84, Austers, assisting with maintenance, ground handling and on occasion flying some of them at aerodromes over those years since the age of 16.

Otherwise, love it.  More please. 

• Thanks 1