Build List - Matchbox '50th Anniversary' Group Build (08 Jan - 19 Jun 2022)

I've got a parcel on its way from Kingkit which, among other things, contains a Revell boxing of the 1/320 DC-10. Not my usual fare but it was only a fiver. 

Edited by TimJ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TimJ said:

I've got a parcel on its way from Kingkit which, among other things, contains a Revell boxing of the 1/320 DC-10. Not my usual fare but it was only a fiver. 

That's great news Tim, I'm hoping you will consider building it here to help us tick off all those Matchbox odd-scaled Airliner kits. 

Cheers and thanks.. Dave 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, rossm said:

I've just "won" HMS Duke of York on fleabay.

That's great news Ross as we haven't ticked off any of Matchbox's Blue Range ships as yet.  Let us know how you get on. 

Cheers and thanks .. Dave 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, erniewise said:

I've caught the bug, and I don't mean Covid!

With all the Matchbox GB activity, I've just come across this post Ernie.... the B-25 in my favourite FF scheme will be fantastic to see and as you've already mentioned just the He111 in the Red Range to go! 

Cheers and many thanks.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/22/2022 at 11:25 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

That's great news Tim, I'm hoping you will consider building it here to help us tick off all those Matchbox odd-scaled Airliner kits.  

It will be appearing here when it arrives. 

• Thanks 2

I think I have a problem.

For my Twin Otter I've decided to do the floatplane version. At step 13 (the final step) the instructions state to cement parts 10 and 11, which at a glance look very much like parts 13 and 14...

20220224_223222 20220224_223200

I've painted parts 13 and 14, but cannot even FIND parts 10 and 11. In fact I struggled to find the space for them on the sprues, but finally realised the numbers for them are printed in a different and bigger font (I found the 11 pretty quickly, but it just looked like a couple of lines rather than a couple of 1s)

20220224_224717

I'm really puzzled about this, because I have NO recollection of seeing these things. I tend to paint almost everything on the sprues, only cutting off when I'm close to building which was really only in the last week or so.

So, fellow Twotter builders, what do your parts 10 and 11 look like?

8 hours ago, Jeff J said:

I think I have a problem.

For my Twin Otter I've decided to do the floatplane version. At step 13 (the final step) the instructions state to cement parts 10 and 11, which at a glance look very much like parts 13 and 14...

I've painted parts 13 and 14, but cannot even FIND parts 10 and 11. In fact I struggled to find the space for them on the sprues, but finally realised the numbers for them are printed in a different and bigger font (I found the 11 pretty quickly, but it just looked like a couple of lines rather than a couple of 1s)

I'm really puzzled about this, because I have NO recollection of seeing these things. I tend to paint almost everything on the sprues, only cutting off when I'm close to building which was really only in the last week or so.

So, fellow Twotter builders, what do your parts 10 and 11 look like?

I had the opposite problem - I fitted the parts from the floatplane version as I didn't read the instructions carefully and didn't realise there were two variants of u/c attachment. The floatplane ones look very similar, enough to confuse you if you don't read the part numbers in the instruction diagram, but are slightly smaller and the rear is slightly higher up the fuselage.

If I've now read it right the left hand one below is the floatplane version after being removed and the right is the landplane one waiting to be attached

spacer.png

The landplane one just rested in place - note the mess left by removing the incorrect one

spacer.png

and the floatplane one resting

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rossm said:

I had the opposite problem - I fitted the parts from the floatplane version as I didn't read the instructions carefully...note the mess left by removing the incorrect one

Oh that's a bugger! At least I'm not going entirely mad, but I'd swear in court that I'd not seen those two floatplane parts (at least not this year!)

27 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Can anyone who has built / is building this one help out with the missing parts, if I assume you only use one set of these parts or the other ?

Correct. Anyone building the wheeled version of the Twotter will have these two parts going spare.

4 hours ago, Jeff J said:

Correct. Anyone building the wheeled version of the Twotter will have these two parts going spare.

Jeff we have some wheeled ones in the Gallery might be worth a PM to the builder ?

Best of luck

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeff J said:

Send me a PM with your address and I can help you out! Just to make sure, you need the fairings for the float version, right? I kept my spares from the Yeti Airlines build.

Cheers,

Ray

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Ray S said:

Send me a PM with your address and I can help you out! Just to make sure, you need the fairings for the float version, right? I kept my spares from the Yeti Airlines build.

Cheers,

Ray

Yes, please! Parts 10 and 11. Will PM you.

Cheers

• Like 3

I've just won an early 90's boxing of the Focke Wulf FW190 A-4 R6/A-3 (PK-51) on eBay for £4.00 so you can cross another one off the list and I can add it to mine. I should really stop buying more kits and get one with those that I've already nominated but that's all part of the fun I guess. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I know what the mods will say but I do feel that in these single Manufacturer GB's a wanted parts/decals thread would be a great idea

as we've seen above someone nearly always has something surplus to requirements to help a fellow member out who might never

visit the wanted section elsewhere.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

I know what the mods will say but I do feel that in these single Manufacturer GB's a wanted parts/decals thread would be a great idea

as we've seen above someone nearly always has something surplus to requirements to help a fellow member out who might never

Hi Steve

We did something similar in the Frog GB due to the exploding nature of Novo decals !

I will ask @Enzo Matrix, I don't want to get us as a GB in trouble but do want to do all we can to support people in getting their builds finished.

I'll update everyone once I've had a chance to get Enzos thoughts. 

Cheers Pat 

• Like 4

Apologies for being offline for as few days / week everyone, however my home town of Brisbane has just experienced its worst 3-4 days of rainfall ever recorded and many parts of this great city are now effected by floodwaters. Thankfully the RL household and all family members are safe and relatively dry so I’ll get around to checking out everyone’s excellent progress shortly. Big thanks to Pat and all others for keeping the GB enthusiasm ticking over in my absence. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Apologies for being offline for as few days / week everyone, however my home town of Brisbane has just experienced its worst 3-4 days of rainfall ever recorded and many parts of this great city are now effected by floodwaters. Thankfully the RL household and all family members are safe and relatively dry so I’ll get around to checking out everyone’s excellent progress shortly. Big thanks to Pat and all others for keeping the GB enthusiasm ticking over in my absence. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Really glad everyone is safe and well with you Dave.

We measure our rainfall in feet locally, as a local you develop webbed feet after a while :wink:

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

We did something similar in the Frog GB due to the exploding nature of Novo decals !

I will ask @Enzo Matrix, I don't want to get us as a GB in trouble but do want to do all we can to support people in getting their builds finished.

It worked in the Frog Squad GB, so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work here.

One caveat though.  As with the Frog Squad GB, this should be a community-minded thing.  Should anyone want to make money from the transaction, then it should be carried out  in the relevant BM forums. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3