Build List - Matchbox '50th Anniversary' Group Build (08 Jan - 19 Jun 2022)

1 hour ago, Prenton said:

I understand that this is PK -125.  And yes, the sprues are in three colours!  

Thanks for submitting your build here @Prenton. Matchbox’s Norseman is a lovely kit so it’s always great to see more than one of these being build. Now I could have gone through the chat thread an built up the build list from there, but I’m sure there will be some members who may have other commitments so may not be in a position to go through with their earlier proposals. The Chat thread is also over 20 pages, and I just don’t have the time to go through all that at this stage.  The 8th of Jan is not that far away, so fingers crossed we all stay safe and enjoy what should be a cracking GB. 

Cheers and Merry Xmas.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Thanks for the question. Yes, we are allowing ‘Matchbox’ branded AMT designed kits within this Group Build, so your particular models would appear to meet that requirement. There is also a long Matchbox GB Chat thread where this type of information was previously discussed. I apologise for not listing those kits within the Page 1 details in this thread, however will most certainly add them when this show gets going and we all start our WIP (Work In Progress) pages.

Cheers and welcome aboard.. Dave  

Thanks for clarifying.  Apologies for asking again, it's been a while and I haven't been back through the thread.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Thanks for submitting your build here @Prenton. Matchbox’s Norseman is a lovely kit so it’s always great to see more than one of these being build. Now I could have gone through the chat thread an built up the build list from there, but I’m sure there will be some members who may have other commitments so may not be in a position to go through with their earlier proposals. The Chat thread is also over 20 pages, and I just don’t have the time to go through all that at this stage.  The 8th of Jan is not that far away, so fingers crossed we all stay safe and enjoy what should be a cracking GB. 

Cheers and Merry Xmas.. Dave 

No prob.  Thanks Dave.

Philip

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

I'm in search mode for their 1/32 me109 so watch this space, silly prices abound but there are a few reasonable kits popping up

here and there.

The Green Range 109 would be a great addition to this GB Steve. Failing that, could you perhaps take a look at some of the gaps in the page 1 list, there’s still plenty of tempting subjects on offer. 

Now I was only looking in the Matchbox II GB gallery the other day, my we covered a few models in that one, although it was a shame to see all your build photos removed from there (no doubt for space reasons). 

Cheers and good luck with the search… Dave 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Won a PK-803 737 last night, lord knows why I put a bid in having utterly failed with civy modelling....maybe I will try and build it.....

Thats the spirit Stu, who hasn’t been motivated to buy something completely out of their normal modelling zone just to take part in a BM GB? The little 737 would be a fantastic addition here. I’ve always thought that these little airliners were reboxed by Matchbox from someone else’s range, however it appears that are their own mouldings (unless someone tells me otherwise). I hope you confirm this 737 as part of your own personal build list. 

Cheers, thanks and Merry Xmas.. Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Cheers and good luck with the search… Dave 

Thank's Dave,I tend to purge old photos to keep below the 1000 limit shame as  I then discovered a way round it! 

15 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Thank's Dave,I tend to purge old photos to keep below the 1000 limit shame as  I then discovered a way round it! 

All good buddy, we all do it - who wants to pay subscription fees if you don’t need too? 

Cheers.. Dave 

I've been sorting out my builds for this

I have a mahoosive build list as I want several types to be represented in a Falklands War 40th Anniversary display next April.

I'm mainly going for types to be represented rather than, unless possible, things in markings of the time, thus I think one of my first builds will be PK-133 Westland Wessex HAS.31/HU.5 

According to my spreadsheet I have a PK-029 Douglas A-4M Skyhawk. Probably unboxed. But as yet I canna find it. I'll Have to wait to next week to look for it again as my storage place is now closed for the holidays

I'll leave the HRD Vincent Black Shadow and the MG TC until we're about a month or so in

• Like 1

May I presume that Revell boxings of Matchbox originals are acceptable?

If so. I'm for the Boeing Vertol Chinook HC Mk. 1/CH-47D, Matchbox number PK-413

Yesterday I ordered a Revell boxing of it from Jadlam. 

Its for my Falkland War display. You really cannot have a Falklands War display without the famous Chinook Bravo November!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've just been sorting out my easy builds for this; a 1/72 Messerschmitt 109E (PK-017)
Unboxed and actually from 'scrap' kits.
Years ago I got a load of mixed 'scrap' kits. By sorting through them I've managed to get a complete 109E. Decals from the spares though

PS; could you please check what you have for PK-038?

I have it as a Aerospatiale SA365N Dauphin 2

(I have one for sale)

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Black Knight said:

May I presume that Revell boxings of Matchbox originals are acceptable?

If so. I'm for the Boeing Vertol Chinook HC Mk. 1/CH-47D, Matchbox number PK-413

Yesterday I ordered a Revell boxing of it from Jadlam. 

Its for my Falkland War display. You really cannot have a Falklands War display without the famous Chinook Bravo November!

You presume correctly BK so your soon to arrive Revell (Matchbox) Chinook is very much welcomed here. 

16 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I've just been sorting out my easy builds for this; a 1/72 Messerschmitt 109E (PK-017)
Unboxed and actually from 'scrap' kits.
Years ago I got a load of mixed 'scrap' kits. By sorting through them I've managed to get a complete 109E. Decals from the spares though

PS; could you please check what you have for PK-038?

I have it as a Aerospatiale SA365N Dauphin 2

(I have one for sale)

Another great choice BK, the Matchbox Bf109 is a lovely little kit, hopefully yours is moulded in that classic yellow and brown plastic. PK-38 is indeed the Dauphin chopper, so it’s a shame it’s up for sale as it would have been another nice inclusion on here. 

6 hours ago, BluesModeller said:

Going to build PK-801…

Built the Revell boxing of this kit in the past.  Wheels are useless but otherwise not a bad kit.

The old and yellowing decals worry me a bit but are probably salvageable.

Thanks for nominating this airliner kit @BluesModeller, if not come across these particular airliner kits so will look forward to seeing how this Jumbo comes along. 

Cheers and Merry Christmas to all Matchbox GB members.. Dave 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 6:51 PM, Rabbit Leader said:

Thats the spirit Stu, who hasn’t been motivated to buy something completely out of their normal modelling zone just to take part in a BM GB? The little 737 would be a fantastic addition here. I’ve always thought that these little airliners were reboxed by Matchbox from someone else’s range, however it appears that are their own mouldings (unless someone tells me otherwise). I hope you confirm this 737 as part of your own personal build list. 

Cheers, thanks and Merry Xmas.. Dave

Indeed it’s arrived, certainly going to give it a go, reasons I’ve failed at civey modelling don’t apply in this case. So put me on ze list for third time :)  See there’s some other Mb civy kits but not 1/200 shame as might have done the 747 and the dc-10 in BA colours alongside the 737. 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Indeed it’s arrived, certainly going to give it a go, reasons I’ve failed at civey modelling don’t apply in this case. So put me on ze list for third time :)  See there’s some other Mb civy kits but not 1/200 shame as might have done the 747 and the dc-10 in BA colours alongside the 737. 

Glad to hear the mini 737 has arrived Stu. Now don’t be too concerned about not having any civvy models in your collection, I’ll soon celebrate 34 years of service with a major airline and have absolutely zero airliner models built thus far (I knew I should have joined the Air Force)!! 

Cheers and enjoy Xmas .. Dave 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Glad to hear the mini 737 has arrived Stu. Now don’t be too concerned about not having any civvy models in your collection, I’ll soon celebrate 34 years of service with a major airline and have absolutely zero airliner models built thus far (I knew I should have joined the Air Force)!! 

Cheers and enjoy Xmas .. Dave 

I actually have a small and expanding fleet of snap fit 1/200’s…..to stop me ever being tempted to give 1/144 plastic ones another go….:)  Have to say that is impressive restraint to not have done any an airline verteran…..

• Like 1

Shame,found a nice 1/32 Bf109 on e-bay for £30 no decals or instructions put an offer in for £25 to cover part of the price of

some AM decals but declined,can't bring myself to go to the next sellers listings of £50+ so may downscale to 1/48 for a certain Helicopter kit.

10 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

so may downscale to 1/48 for a certain Helicopter kit.

Shame you’ve missed out on the big 109 Steve, however if you’ve thinking about the Seasprite I’ve just acquired one in a Revell box for an absolute bargain, however have not had the time to post any photos to declare my hand. Please don’t let this dissuade you from obtaining one as well, I’m sure you will knock yours about way faster than me! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Shame you’ve missed out on the big 109 Steve, however if you’ve thinking about the Seasprite I’ve just acquired one in a Revell box for an absolute bargain, however have not had the time to post any photos to declare my hand. Please don’t let this dissuade you from obtaining one as well, I’m sure you will knock yours about way faster than me! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Cheer's Dave, have found another at £40 plus postage might make an offer less the cost of postage I can live with  that price it has

it's original decals in mint condition too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Is it 8 Jan yet?    I so wanna get started on this...  :bounce: 

I had to remind myself this starts on the 8th couple of points today when looking at the victor in the corner of the room  …..and also resist the urge to put myself in an idiotic situation and start the airfix victor next to it….

10 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

I had to remind myself this starts on the 8th couple of points today when looking at the victor in the corner of the room  …..and also resist the urge to put myself in an idiotic situation and start the airfix victor next to it….

Yabbut...  don't you think that a couple of concurrent threads comparing the Airfix and Matchbox Victors would be hugely educational?

You know you want to... :wicked:  

• Haha 1

Enzo, would it be appropriate to open the Matchbox GB section already, I know you usually do that a week before the start... but due to the huge popularity and most likely hundred+ build threads, many would be happy to show what they got and tell what their plans are. I know I want to... :wicked:

• Like 2