Jump to content

Build List - Matchbox '50th Anniversary' Group Build (08 Jan - 05 Jun 2022)


Recommended Posts

@Rabbit Leader, I'm sure that much of the success of the GB is down to the enthusiasm shown by you and Pat :clap2:

 

Now that the Gallery entries are starting to build up, may I suggest a possible change to master list please?

Would you consider changing the colour of the kit name from red to green, once the first example of that kit is in the Gallery?  I know that the builder's name is greened, but changing the kit name too would have greater visual impact.

 

Cheers

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, CliffB said:

may I suggest a possible change to master list please?

 

That sounds like a good idea Cliff, I’ll play around with the colours to see how it looks. I might wait until tomorrow however as we are about to kick off our backyard ‘Ash Barty party’, cheering on our home grown local hero in the Australian Open Women’s Final. 

Cheers and thanks for the suggestion… Dave 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@CliffB, after Ash Barty's sensational win in the Aussie Open last night, I've now taken on board your suggestion and changed all these 'Galleried' subject choices to Green. I think they do stand out quite a bit more. 

I also might take a break from GB hosting duties for a short while and try to get some modelling done. My aim is to update at least one of my threads later tonight... wooo Scary stuff! 

Cheers.. Dave  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I also might take a break from GB hosting duties for a short while and try to get some modelling done

 

Absolutely you must !

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I posted this in the GB Chat thread, but I don't think that was the right place, so I'll post here as well.

 

Put me down for the Harrier GR.3. It has been in my build stash for ages (I mostly build Matchbox kits), and it's still left on the "who's building what shelf" here, so I'll get it done.

 

spacer.png

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mike Dean said:

I posted this in the GB Chat thread, but I don't think that was the right place, so I'll post here as well.

 

Put me down for the Harrier GR.3. It has been in my build stash for ages (I mostly build Matchbox kits), and it's still left on the "who's building what shelf" here, so I'll get it done.

 

spacer.png

Brilliant,  thanks very much Mike :thumbsup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great stuff @Mike Dean, I once had this GR.3 kit and really liked the decal sheet that came with it. I must have moved it on it my silly 1/72 kit cull of a few years back, so am really glad to see PK-45 now as part of this mega GB. 

Cheers and look forward to seeing the WIP thread.. Dave  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I shouldn't have, but I have.

Another one (PK-039) ticked off of the Matchbox GB list.

 

I'll be doing this straight OOB as the Dutch version. It will bring back memories of being a little half Dutch boy swinging on Oma's and Opa's front gate in Tilburg, and seeing and hearing these roar over.

Screenshot 2022-01-31 143059

Northrop F-5B (1983 / 1986)

 

Surely I can finish off two models by the beginning of June can't I? Can't I??

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, erniewise said:

Surely I can finish off two models by the beginning of June can't I? Can't I??

 

Of course you can.  And you can probably fit in another two or three as well.  You know you want to...  :wicked: 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, erniewise said:

I shouldn't have, but I have.

Another one (PK-039) ticked off of the Matchbox GB list.

 

I think you are right, no you shouldn’t have but boy aren’t we glad you did! 

This is great news Ernie and we hope you record and play back your mock Dutch F-5 jet noises for us as you proceed through this memorial build. 

Cheers and many thanks.. Dave 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, erniewise said:

I'll be doing this straight OOB as the Dutch version. It will bring back memories of being a little half Dutch boy swinging on Oma's and Opa's front gate in Tilburg, and seeing and hearing these roar over.

My brother lives on the campus at the University in Enschede - when I remind him of the types that used to fly out of Twente he just growls at me. 😆

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jinxman said:

My brother lives on the campus at the University in Enschede - when I remind him of the types that used to fly out of Twente he just growls at me. 😆

He not growling, that's him speaking Dutch :wink:

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A slight amendment to your list. In 1990 4 more 1/48 aircraft kits were released as HERE. The whole site is a Matchbox labour of love.

 

On 1/31/2022 at 11:33 PM, JOCKNEY said:

He not growling, that's him speaking Dutch 

I thought Dutch spoke English 🤣 at least that's all I've ever heard them speak. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/15/2022 at 11:24 PM, 71chally said:

Also I have the Auto Union and Tyrrell P34/2 kits and would like to build one but undecided which yet.

 

On 1/15/2022 at 11:39 PM, Rabbit Leader said:

We will certainly accept your late Matchbox Canberra and any (or both) of the two car kits will fill large holes within this section of the Build List.

I've gone for the Tyrrell, as I have built the Auto Union before and someone else is building one, just started the build thread.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll stick my hand up for HMS Exeter. I've got a part started AMT boxing which should be under the 25% rule. I've been meaning to get it done for ages and was going to be in the KUTA build, but I'll do it here instead.

spacer.png

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

* Quick Notes since the last update -

- 10 more completed builds in the GB Gallery. 

- 5 new aircraft subjects nominated 

- 2 new ship subjects nominated   

- 13 new WIP threads created 

 

(*Note - following data based on original Matchbox subjects unless noted)

 

Total Matchbox Kits - 177 (Aircraft / AFV / Cars & Motorbikes / Ships ) 

Total Matchbox kit subjects chosen in this GB - 148

Percentage of Matchbox subjects covered in this GB - 83.6% 

 

Total Matchbox Aircraft kits - 120

Total Aircraft kits chosen in this GB - 104

Percentage of Aircraft kits covered in this GB - 87% 

 

Total Matchbox AFV kits - 27

Total AFV kits chosen in this GB - 22

Percentage of AFV kits covered in this GB - 81% 

 

Total Matchbox Cars & Motorbike kits - 18

Total Cars & Motorbike kits chosen in this GB - 14

Percentage of Cars & Motorbike kits covered in this GB - 78% 

 

Total Matchbox Ship kits - 12

Total Ship kits chosen in this GB - 8

Percentage of Ship kits covered in this GB - 67% 

 

Total overall Matchbox GB Builds - 214 (.i.e. - WIP threads including non-Matchbox designed kits)  

Total overall Matchbox GB Completions - 30 (14.0%)

 

Cheers and regards.. Dave 

 

* Updated - 05 Feb 2022 // 10:30 UTC

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those figures are inspiring.

In an effort to get the GB  as close as possible to full catalogue completion I will build the Bell Aeroscout PK-43 and the Hawk 200 PK-46 both of which sit in my stash. I might as well, as it is unlikely I would ever build them outside of a GB. I won't get to them however till the second quarter of the GB schedule.

 

Derek

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

I intend to participate with two builds, both in Revell reboxes:

 

PK-108 : Westland Lynx

112058-48245-61-pristine.jpg


PK-127 : De Havilland Twin Otter

607525-48245-63-pristine.jpg

 

The Lynx will be built in Deutsche Kriegsmarine colours and the TOtter in the Canadian Rescue Service with skids version.

 

Hopefully, I'll start WIP threads in the next few days.

 

Cheers

 

Jaime

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Derek D. said:

In an effort to get the GB  as close as possible to full catalogue completion I will build the Bell Aeroscout PK-43 and the Hawk 200 PK-46 both of which sit in my stash. I might as well, as it is unlikely I would ever build them outside of a GB. I won't get to them however till the second quarter of the GB schedule.

 

 

54 minutes ago, jrlx said:

I intend to participate with two builds, both in Revell reboxes:

PK-108 : Westland Lynx

PK-127 : De Havilland Twin Otter

 

Many thanks Derek and Jamie, we value your excellent choices and Matchbox contributions.

We are certainly getting very close to the full range of builds here which is very exciting and true testimony the the popularity of Matchbox kits. 

Cheers.. Dave 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2021 at 9:37 PM, Rabbit Leader said:

PK-110 : Hawker Siddeley 125-600/Dominie T. Mk. 1 (1974/1975) - Grandboof / Romeo Alpha Yankee

 

Dave @Rabbit Leader You might want to check the link to @Grandboof's thread. It is linking back to this one.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

 

Dave @Rabbit Leader You might want to check the link to @Grandboof's thread. It is linking back to this one.

 


Thanks Ray, looks like fat finger troubles at play again. I’ll sort this out once I punt the Missus off the desktop. 
Cheers.. Dave 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh my woolley word! Almost a month into this GB and I'd completely forgotten about it :( that's what comes of concentrating too much on one subject for a while (railway). I was planning (ha ha!) on one or more of the following:

 

Purple Series PK-3 Boeing P-12E (black box)

Purple Series PK-24 Brewster Buffalo (original box)

Purple Series PK-31 P-40N Warhawk (original box)

Orange Series PK-103 Bristol Beaufighter Mk.X (40103 re-box)

 

I'll be lucky if I get one finished.....

 

Cheers,

Mark

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

'll be lucky if I get one finished.....


There’s still plenty of time Mark, however if that’s the case just trim your list down to the one kit and make a start as soon as you can. 
Cheers.. Dave 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rabbit Leader said:


There’s still plenty of time Mark, however if that’s the case just trim your list down to the one kit and make a start as soon as you can. 
Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks, Dave, that's good advice! I'll start with the Buffalo, and if that does get finished in time, I'll start another one :) 

 

Cheers,

Mark

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...