Build List - Matchbox '50th Anniversary' Group Build (08 Jan - 19 Jun 2022)

25 minutes ago, Ventora3300 said:

Oh no! I just came across what appears to be PK-460 Matchbox 1:48 Spitfire Mk. VIII. This is not in the build list but is listed in Scalemates and there are a couple on eBay…

It's not a Matchbox original .  It's an Otaki kit , reissued by Arii , Matchbox and Airfix 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ventora3300 said:

Oh no! I just came across what appears to be PK-460 Matchbox 1:48 Spitfire Mk. VIII. This is not in the build list but is listed in Scalemates and there are a couple on eBay…

I built the original Otaki kit as a teenager and I recall it built up quite nicely. Finely recessed rivets I recall, however this was the best 1/48 Mk.VIII spit in its day. Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

The Matchboxing of kits is almost a GB in its own right.

I found a Fiat CR42 Falco (Pk 40020) over the weekend, ex Revell I believe. 

And no before you ask, with unbuilt kits all over the place I won't be starting it in this GB ! :wink:

Cheers Pat

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

And no before you ask, with unbuilt kits all over the place I won't be starting it in this GB

Ha… saving it for the next Classic GB are ya Pat (Revell / Monogram), which I believe starts straight after this one! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Ha… saving it for the next Classic GB are ya Pat (Revell / Monogram), which I believe starts straight after this one! 

Unsurprisingly I've already got too many potential kits lined up for that one as it is ! :tmi:

Cheers 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I built the original Otaki kit as a teenager and I recall it built up quite nicely. Finely recessed rivets I recall, however this was the best 1/48 Mk.VIII spit in its day. Cheers.. Dave 

Dave, I had a look at the ‘Rules’ for the GB and it says ‘however other manufacturers designed kits ‘must’ be in Matchbox boxes’. Here is the one I spotted so does it qualify?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114246403032?hash=item1a999dc3d8:g:tG4AAOSwXbVe1sH0

Edited by Ventora3300

10 hours ago, Ventora3300 said:

Dave, I had a look at the ‘Rules’ for the GB and it says ‘however other manufacturers designed kits ‘must’ be in Matchbox boxes’. Here is the one I spotted so does it qualify?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114246403032?hash=item1a999dc3d8:g:tG4AAOSwXbVe1sH0

Yes Mike, this Matchbox boxing is fine. I hope I didn’t come across to imply that (as an original Otaki kit) it doesn’t qualify. I was just recalling my previous experience of this kit and how well I liked the finished example. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Jobbie said:

Oh! I just found out about this. I'd like to play, as I started building the Matchbox kit PK-551 : Handley Page Victor K. 2 Tanker (1983) on 01 April 2022.

6ExKQaB.jpg

Great call @Jobbie, we’ve only got about six weeks to go, so best of luck getting this big Victor completed in fine. 
Cheers  Dave 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Yes Mike, this Matchbox boxing is fine. I hope I didn’t come across to imply that (as an original Otaki kit) it doesn’t qualify. I was just recalling my previous experience of this kit and how well I liked the finished example. 
Cheers.. Dave 

No worries, Dave, I was just getting the hosts' views before I consider it. From what @rs2man and  @JOCKNEY says, there is another mass of Matchbox'ed other originators' kits out there but I thought I had found an 'original'. I was doing a bit of research on the Spitfire Mk. VIII and as usual, very interesting. 1/48 will be even harder to hide around the house than 1/72....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Compared to some participants, I have been a little slack in only building nine models:
Matchbox_BM_GB_2022_003.JPG

However, I am going to build a tenth one because out of all of the models built by the GB participants, I haven't noticed a build that has been left unpainted and showing the contrasting colours as per the box illustrations such as on this Messerschmitt 410:

spacer.png

Therefore, I will be building the aforementioned Matchbox 1/72 Messerschmitt 410 (PK-113) and the build thread is here.

Dave

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Right then, the build list has been updated to the best of my ability, There's probably a few gaps and errors, however I'll give it a good going over closer to the end of this GB.

Cheers.. Dave. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Amazing work Dave :worthy:

That's a lovely lot of green titles I'm seeing on the build list :thumbsup: that represents completed Gallery entries.

Now does anyone want me to ask Enzo for an extension of time so they might finish their build ?

Let me know either here or a PM to myself and/or Dave if you prefer.

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

My 'Einkel is marked as unfinished. PK-401 is done, dusted and gallerified. :like:

OMG - how did I ever miss updating that superb build? I’ll see to it once I get back onto the desktop later today. Sincere apologies Heather. 

17 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Now does anyone want me to ask Enzo for an extension of time so they might finish their build ?

Six months should do it Pat…. We could make it the marvellous year of Matchbox (….. I can’t believe I’ve just said that)! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Six months should do it Pat…. We could make it the marvellous year of Matchbox (….. I can’t believe I’ve just said that)! 

Cheers.. Dave 

I can't believe you put it in writing,  @Enzo Matrixif you are reading this, or getting your GB PA to read it for you, he's joking.

At least I hope he blooming well is :fingerscrossed:

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

At least I hope he blooming well is :fingerscrossed:

Well yes and no. At my current bench time average, it will probably take me another six months to complete my builds, but seriously I think its time to wrap up this grand show and move on to other things. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

OMG - how did I ever miss updating that superb build?

I'm not apportioning any blame. With the overall size of this GB, it’s a wonder you’ve been able to keep up with any of it! Let’s just call it a simple administrative error. :smile:

• Like 2

Why not leaving the gallery open for further entries? So maybe somewhen it will show the complete range of Matchbox models in one thread.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

How long have you got?

7 hours ago, paul-muc said:

Why not leaving the gallery open for further entries? So maybe somewhen it will show the complete range of Matchbox models in one thread.

That is normal practice.  The gallery closes at the deadline until the poll is complete.  Then it opens again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Rabbit Leader

Dave, any chance you could spell my username in the Build List in a consistent way? You have some with an "e" and some without. The former is correct while the latter isn't. Please can you change the rights to wrong or vice versa so that they all match. :banghead:

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, davecov said:

@Rabbit Leader

Dave, any chance you could spell my username in the Build List in a consistent way? You have some with an "e" and some without. The former is correct while the latter isn't. Please can you change the rights to wrong or vice versa so that they all match. :banghead:

Cheers

Dave

Do you get multiple votes Dave ?

5 hours ago, davecov said:

@Rabbit Leader

Cheers

Dave

Apologies Dave, I’ll see to that a little later today. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1