Tiger 213 of the 503rd on retreat through Bourgtheroulde France 1944.

Taken a while to do this ...based on the Tamiya late Tiger 1 with lots and lots of extra detailing and work.......hope you like.

Steve.

spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png spacer.png 

spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png spacer.png 

spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png spacer.png

• Like 48
  • Thanks 3

Isn't that one of those kitty cat thingamebobs?:giggle:

Lovely work Steve. Although there is a discussion going on in the chat section as to whether modelling can be art or not, I would have to say that that is definitely a work of art. Brilliant work all round. And now that it's finished, you can build a proper tank, such as a Sherman.:wicked:

John.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stef N. said:

Masterful Steve. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching this come along, picking up a few tips along the way, and the end result is brilliant. Top work.👏👍

Thanks Stef.....been a bit drawn out but got there in the end :clap2:

8 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Isn't that one of those kitty cat thingamebobs?:giggle:

Lovely work Steve. Although there is a discussion going on in the chat section as to whether modelling can be art or not, I would have to say that that is definitely a work of art. Brilliant work all round. And now that it's finished, you can build a proper tank, such as a Sherman.:wicked:

John.

Not sure what to do next John to be honest.....got a choice of several, there are two more Tiger 1's i want to do and i have some U.S armour that i keep eyeing up......wadya think John......

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Looks excellent! 

Vytautas

Thanks bud

• Like 3

5 hours ago, echen said:

Fabulous detail. Couldn't have done better myself..............................👏

(Couldn't even equal it!)

Thanks echen... and yes you could just practice practice practice...... time and practice, you do great models from what i have seen so just build on what skills you already have.

2 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Really nice job Steve......I'd lost track of the Tiger build blog, things have come a long way. Nice result using a pic for reference. It captures it very well.

Great job.....:yes:

Regards

Simon

Thanks Simon as always means a lot coming from you.

32 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

M-36.

John.

Your vish iz my command...... plus i been eyeing that one for some time. :coolio:

• Like 2

All right, s'pose, took ya long enough and yet it's still missing its figures!

:giggle:

Nice work Steve, great attention to detail all those little touches make a huge difference. 

Brilliant, as ever!

Darryl 

Keep this up and one day you could be rather good at this lark! :whistle:

Now stop messing around and get on with the M36 like a good chap. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Keep this up and one day you could be rather good at this lark! :whistle:

Now stop messing around and get on with the M36 like a good chap

Why thank you Darryl......research with the help of @Das Abteilung is going on as we speak on the 36......looking forward to it too ...its a nice kit although it does (like all kits) have a couple of areas that need some extra work.

6 hours ago, mick said:

great work

Thanks Mick :thanks:

5 hours ago, Nenad Ilijic said:

This is absolutely stunning!

I love all the details. Especially those little touches like a jerrycan attached by the wire. I could look at the model for hours. And it matches the photo very well.

Cheers,

Nenad

Thanks for the very kind words Nenad .......Hope you are well mate ...not seen you lurking for a while :D

4 hours ago, Model Mate said:

I do like very much....! The Tamiya kit still builds up a very nice model as you've proved - excellent attention to detail, nice stuff.

Thanks bud...yeah the Tamiya kits can still hold their own.....just a little extra detailing and they look fantastic....and thank you :thanks:

• Like 1

Top class! Love the wired jerry can, the dangling track-changing cable, the bent fender, the zimmerit, restrained chipping etc etc.

Being a total stickler for detail, I do notice you've put the spare track links front left of the glacis on the wrong way round when compared to the photo.

I'll get me coat.😆

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Badder said:

Being a total stickler for detail, I do notice you've put the spare track links front left of the glacis on the wrong way round when compared to the photo.

I'll get me coat.😆

Damn ....damn ....your right.....will fix that ....thanks for pointing it out :thanks:

10 hours ago, Muchmirth said:

That's a grrrrrreat tiger!!! Sorry for the cheesy pun!! But no serious lovely work. Very well executed sir. Paint job, wear and year and tracks look amazing. 

Many thanks @Muchmirth very kind words indeed. i feel my head swelling  :rofl:

That is an excellent piece of work Steve,

I love the way you have studied the extra little details and recreated them on the model. The finish and paint work is spot on and seems very authentic. :clap:

I think you must be the Tiger King.

Wayne 

• Thanks 1