Martin B26B Marauder Monogram 1/48th.

Good morning, happy modellers.

I want to show you that I don't just do 1/72nd dioramas; Here is a 1/48 B26 Marauder that I built recently.

34_b2610.jpg

35_b2610.jpg

This B26 may look very clean, but they were all brand new at first, isn't it right? :P

36_b2610.jpg

I may have been influenced by the state of cleanliness of the one presented on display at the Landing Museum in Utah Beach, France.

37_b2610.jpg

41_b2610.jpg

What more have I done on this model? I just engraved the panels lines, rectified the diameter of the engine cowlings, detailed the lower machine gun bays, one of which is open.

40_b2610.jpg

This model thus enriches my collection of twin engines used by the allies on June 6, 1944:

dscf8910.jpg

I really enjoy building the Monogram models!

I hope you enjoy.

Regards,

Eric-Snafu35

• Like 49
  • Thanks 3

Lovely work on bringing the old Marauder kit up to date with scribed panels etc. I agree that we don't always have to show models with weather beaten & tatty paintwork. I definitely belong to the 'Less is more' school of thought!

Cheers

John

• Like 4

Give that man a cookie! The Monogram B-26 is not an easy build, what with the engine cowlings and the cantankerous empennage installation.

Nice to see one finished. I notice you also added the stall strips on the leading edge as well as the air cooling/ vapour purge inlets. Nice.

-d-

• Like 2

4 hours ago, David H said:

The Monogram B-26 is not an easy build, what with the engine cowlings and the cantankerous empennage installation.

I was about to ask what the kit is like to build and you answered my question quite well. Many thanks.

1 hour ago, SAT69 said:

I was about to ask what the kit is like to build and you answered my question quite well. Many thanks.

To expand, Monogram molded the carburettor intakes as separate pieces, and they don't fit great once installed. The Horizontal tailplane is molded full-span in upper and lower halves, and with the vertical fin molded to the fuselage, it gets in the way of gap filling and troubleshooting with installing the tail gunners glass, which doesn't fit so hot either.

You have to use your advanced modeling skills and outside-the-box thinking when approaching this kit. But once completed, it *can* be breathtaking.

That’s a very nice Marauder there young man. And a very nice line of Monogram “twins”models. You are absolutely right in saying Monogram make enjoyable models. Some are getting a little old and have their challenges but back in the day they were something special. 

I always thought of the Marauder as a mini Flying Fortress. Thinking on that where is the 1/32 Marauder HKM?   

18 hours ago, Viking said:

Lovely work on bringing the old Marauder kit up to date with scribed panels etc. I agree that we don't always have to show models with weather beaten & tatty paintwork. I definitely belong to the 'Less is more' school of thought!

Cheers

John

Hello, John,

Is n' it? 😉  But making an almost new painting without it being boring to the eye is also a challenge.

17 hours ago, David H said:

Give that man a cookie! The Monogram B-26 is not an easy build, what with the engine cowlings and the cantankerous empennage installation.

Nice to see one finished. I notice you also added the stall strips on the leading edge as well as the air cooling/ vapour purge inlets. Nice.

-d-

Slurp, Miam! :eat::penguin:I thank you for giving me this cake, David!

Your kind remarks (and constructive observations) are already sweet to eat, all!

As for the details, I am definitely part of this population who likes to waste their time looking for small improvements to have THE extra thing! 🤣

5 hours ago, kapam said:

Beautiful job!

I have heard that this is one of Monogram's more challenging kits to get right.

You have certainly nailed it, from where I'm standing!

:clap2::clap2:

We say a lot of things...

I enjoyed building this model. But my point of view is skewed by the fact that I definitely like the Monogram kits.! :bounce: :yahoo:

I will undoubtedly take advantage of the Monogram group build in 2022 to visit my stock (B25? B17? ...:hmmm:)

25 minutes ago, JohnT said:

That’s a very nice Marauder there young man. And a very nice line of Monogram “twins”models. You are absolutely right in saying Monogram make enjoyable models. Some are getting a little old and have their challenges but back in the day they were something special. 

I always thought of the Marauder as a mini Flying Fortress. Thinking on that where is the 1/32 Marauder HKM?   

Hello, John,

If I am "stung" by Monogram and his models, I still donot hate other brands!

On the last picture, from left to right: B26B Monogram, B25C Accurate Miniature, A20J and A20G AMT Ertl.

I think I like this brand, because I built my first 1/48th scale models with it. At the start of the 80's in France, even ESCI was too expensive for me. So Hasegawa and Tamiya ...:whistle:

Thank you all for your comments, gentlemen!:bye:

Regards,

Eric-Snafu35

• Like 3

I love old Monogram, especially the 1/48 bombers. You've done a brilliant job with that one. The finish is superb, no need for heavy splotches and lines, the details provide all the interest on their own.

Alan

Thank you for your message, Alain.

I understand you; I lack restraint when I see the Monogram collection of multi-engines. I bought several, I will have to build them. But to put them in, then?:drunk::giggle:

When I started building model airplanes, we didn't talk about weathering. I rather like to represent rather lightly soiled objects, it also allows us to discover construction details.

But nodbody's perfect? 😆

Regards,

Eric-Snafu35

• Like 1

Superb! I remember there was a model shop not too far from me when I was a kid, the guy who ran the shop had built this and had it in the window, I used to gaze at it for hours!

Good morning, all

17 hours ago, Zigomar said:

Bien joué l'ancien!

Thank you, Jean!  :kissing2:

I attend Britmodeller to improve my English! :giggle:

I admit, however, that I tend to be easy when using a translator!  :smartass:

14 hours ago, F-32 said:

Superb! I remember there was a model shop not too far from me when I was a kid, the guy who ran the shop had built this and had it in the window, I used to gaze at it for hours!

Can we consider that today's young people dream so much while looking at a cell phone in a store?

I too wished to own model airplanes because I saw them built in retailers. We weren't so badly off when we were several decades ago, don' we? :bear::clif:

1 hour ago, Andy Dyck said:

That’s really amazing! Perfect job on this old horse. We can see the old kits are worth to build. Can we have a picture with your backdrop? 

Andy 

Hello Andy,

Thanks for looking.

I suppose that you wish to get a picture of my wallpaper?

hummm...:hmmm:

Okay :yahoo:!:

02_fon10.jpg

I photographed this stretch of runway on an airfield a long, long time ago, when there weren't as many barriers as there are today.

I went to a store to compose and print the picture, however we are all computer experts now, and we all have a computer and a printer!

I also have a photo for the winter:

01_fon10.jpg

I would now like to see photos of your constructions in front of these wallpapers! :wicked:

Have fun in modelling!

Regards,

Eric-Snafu35

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello Eric !!

Well done Man !!

I really like your B-26, mine is stalling in the models waiting room for months !!

The B-26 at Utah beach is the one that spent a lot of time at le Bourget ?? 

Once again Congratulations !! And for the whole collection of bombers too !!

Sincerely.

CC 

2 hours ago, Snafu35 said:

Good morning, all

Thank you, Jean!  :kissing2:

I attend Britmodeller to improve my English! :giggle:

I admit, however, that I tend to be easy when using a translator!  :smartass:

Can we consider that today's young people dream so much while looking at a cell phone in a store?

I too wished to own model airplanes because I saw them built in retailers. We weren't so badly off when we were several decades ago, don' we? :bear::clif:

Hello Andy,

Thanks for looking.

I suppose that you wish to get a picture of my wallpaper?

hummm...:hmmm:

Okay :yahoo:!:

02_fon10.jpg

I photographed this stretch of runway on an airfield a long, long time ago, when there weren't as many barriers as there are today.

I went to a store to compose and print the picture, however we are all computer experts now, and we all have a computer and a printer!

I also have a photo for the winter:

01_fon10.jpg

I would now like to see photos of your constructions in front of these wallpapers! :wicked:

Have fun in modelling!

Regards,

Eric-Snafu35

Hi Eric,

that’s very kind of you. I got a plenty of this on my own, but I can’t get enough, so I will try it. So if you need some more please let me know.  As I am living in Celle . I made some of Fassberg, Hustedt, and Wietzenbruch. So sorry for my bad English grammar, I meant it would be nice to see your models in front of your backdrop. 

Kind regards and thank you very much! 

Andy