Mig ammo paints yellow cap

colin

Anyone mastered Mig ammo paints yellow cap.It says brushable but when I've tried with various ratios of water/flow enhancer their own thinner, and they are just hopeless, they just will not brush right, just seem to puddle up, tested using a primed plastic cup. Spraying wise with MLT they are great.

Looks like it's back to Vallejo, should have known they are the best for small detail brush painting

I don't think that they have enough binder for brushing, hence the puddling. And a thicker paint allows for your own ratio of thinner and/or media without going too thin. That said, I recall that Lincoln Wright made a video about how to hand paint them, so search YT for that if you're interested.

• Like 1

Seems the Yellow top ones, even though says brush are more airbrush paints. Mr Wright doesn't even thin his to brush paint, tried that and found they dry to quick in the paint pallet.

Never mind they'll do for spraying and I'll stick to Vallejo for the brushing

I used to have problems as you describe but not since using MIG Ammo's primer (available in at least flesh/dark yellow and green).  Do wish they would make up their mind whether they're going to turn out gloss, satin or even, just occasionally, matt though.

• Like 1