PlayStation girl, 1/8th.

• 2 weeks later...

What a fascinating figure and good work so far.

Have a gander at the Orb Retro TV console (on Amazon and similar). Its a small TV about 1/10 ish scale with inbuilt retro games and Bluetooth controllers - might fit rather well.

Since work issues mean I have not caught up with you at club meetings in some time, I will use Britmodeller to wish a Merry Christmas to you and the family and hope to catch up some time in the New Year.

• Thanks 1

Next time my teenage, game-obsessed daughters ‘diss’ me for being an old model-building fuddy-duddy I’m going to show them this just so they can see how ‘cool and now’ this hobby really is. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 12/8/2021 at 6:11 AM, John_W said:

From certain angles she looks remarkably like Greta Thuneberg.

My first thought I'm afraid, but my offspring induced PCness prevented me from saying so, I really must work at reverting to my instincts. ;) :D

@rockpopandchips a slightly oddball subject (imho) but it's looking really good.

Steve.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

What a fascinating figure and good work so far.

Have a gander at the Orb Retro TV console (on Amazon and similar). Its a small TV about 1/10 ish scale with inbuilt retro games and Bluetooth controllers - might fit rather well.

Since work issues mean I have not caught up with you at club meetings in some time, I will use Britmodeller to wish a Merry Christmas to you and the family and hope to catch up some time in the New Year.

Hi Tim, Thanks for the tip on the TV, just had a look and its very cool. Have a great Christmas and I will catch you in the new year. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Andy Moore said:

I love the cup and controller. Nice progress so far.

Andy:cat:

Cheers Andy

11 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I've just caught up on this one. Love it!

The chair, the pose, the details. What's not to like?

Thanks Pete, I think it a bit different, the only thing I don't really like is the cigarette  for some reason

5 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Next time my teenage, game-obsessed daughters ‘diss’ me for being an old model-building fuddy-duddy I’m going to show them this just so they can see how ‘cool and now’ this hobby really is. 😀

Dame right! Get her into Gundam breaker, then the anime and then the models.......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stevehnz said:

My first thought I'm afraid, but my offspring induced PCness prevented me from saying so, I really must work at reverting to my instincts. ;) :D

@rockpopandchips a slightly oddball subject (imho) but it's looking really good.

Steve.

No need to be PC here, I cannot stand the young girl...I know shocking isn't  but that's all politics and my views on how governments force us to rectify there cockups, carbon neutral electric car are the biggest BS rip-offs, in forever ....:angry:

oddball is most of my builds so thank you..:frantic:

• Like 2

Bonus time in the man cave and I put it to good use. Got the base painted and weathered, just want to add some grout with a pen next, shaded the main body ready for a orange hoodie. Based coated the skin in an olive skin tone. Pushing my luck with the skin tone but want to try a more Mediterranean skin tone this time.

20211216-211642.jpg
20211216-211656.jpg
20211216-211720.jpg

• Like 5

I do like how the orange has turned out.

Looked at buying that figure a few times but I'm going to need several life times to finish ALL figures I already have in my stash, especially at my glacial build speed.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 9:59 PM, rockpopandchips said:

No need to be PC here, I cannot stand the young girl...

I think the way she sticks to what she believes in the face of a ridiculous amount of abuse from (mostly) blokes on the internet is amazing. What a strength of character. I only hope my daughter ends up as forthright!

Another very cool figure, I really like the intensity of her pose/expression. And your colours are working well. I think you're right that a decal on the hoodie (maybe with some overpainting) would be a good option as while it'll be a pain to apply, it'll help map the design around the folds in 3D. I think that would be hard to get right with freehand painting?

• Like 5

Cheers for the interest. A few more bit painted now, painted the cuffs on the hoodie to brake up the orange A bit more and have almost finished the face. Not as dark as I intended but happy with my airbrushing on it. She doesn't look as pink in real life 

20211219-102321.jpg
She doesn't look as pink in real lifeas the first picture or as dark as the second picture. My camera is have a hard time taking a decent picture.20211219-102400.jpg

20211219-102248.jpg

• Like 6