1/48 - Supermarine Scimitar by DB Model Kits (DBMK) - 3D renders+3D printed test parts+schemes - release in 2024 ?

Homebee

23 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

What's wrong with PE? In the right places it adds so much more finesse and I've never had any bothers with it.

I always end up knocking it off the model, plastic stays stuck on. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mike said:

When can I have mine please?  I've wanted to build another one since I did my old Dynavector one :wub:

Same here.

Pretty please?

Edited by Sebastien

@Scimitar F1 Primeportal has a decent photo of the gear strut showing that aft side scissor link.  It's so delicate it's definitely not structural.  The C-130 has something like this to hold a WOW switch, but I don't see any hint of wiring going anywhere near this.  The only thing I can think of is this wheel has no brake assembly, maybe this is there to hold and position the hydraulic hoses running to the brakes.  I'd guess that as part of the preparation for display the brake and hydraulic lines were removed.  

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Scimitar F1 said:

Spot on @Steve McArthur it is something to do with the brakes - incredibly they are the brake lines themselves! It only became clear when we reviewed the technical manuals. Not sure the best way to render - it may be photo etch.

That is wild.  I've never seen another plane that used hard lines with joints for the brake lines I'd think that would be prone to leaks and way too easily damaged.

• 2 months later...

I'd be happy to take anything!  🙂

I'd already been looking long-term at drawing the Scimitar up in Rhino (which I'm trying to learn at present) - and then printing in 1:32 using HIPS on my FDM printer, with detail parts on the resin printer.

But there's no way I'd get the base drawing to the same levels of accuracy as this!

One of my flying friends used to fly the Scimitar - he has very favourable memories of it as a flying machine...

Iain

• 3 months later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid035t7RkAciQ8S5iecRJvTssqoHjYbmJFbasTebUdKGo1baAjLJRoRsYnfawVtNKvLCl&id=100084846155184

DBMK will be at ScaleModelWorld at Telford this year with a table in Hall 2.

We will have 3-D prints of the Hornet and Scimitar on display.

Come over and have a chat!

V.P.

• Like 2