1/48 - Supermarine Scimitar by DB Model Kits (DBMK) - 3D renders+3D printed test parts+schemes - release in 2024 ?

Homebee

I know that guy! ..all being well he might be at our next club night on Tuesday.

The shot of the Scimitar in the sea at the end of the clip is a little unfortunate - the fatal accident which took the life of Commander John Russell, CO of 803 NAS, first to operate the Scimitar. After a perfect landing on the newly recommissioned HMS Victorious and in full view of the press, one of the arrestor wires broke, and Russell's Scimitar ( XD 240) just rolled off the deck. 

• Sad 2

jetjun from 大子模型クラブ NEXT ONE and 爱神之心Mk.II from 模型网论坛 : quote your sources !

16 hours ago, JoshWilson said:

https://www.facebook.com/58933447130/posts/10157903716392131/

Some more information posted by Solent Sky.

Thank you Josh

More news about the rare Supermarine Scimitar in our reserve store...

https://www.facebook.com/solentskymuseum/videos/pcb.10157903716392131/261263835906382

From the video: it's confirmed it's well to produce a model kit expected to be released in October 2023. 

Sci2.png

Sci3.png

Sci4.png

Sci5.png

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48(?) - Supermarine Scimitar new tool kit in preparation - release late 2023 ?
2 hours ago, 71chally said:

This is superb news, and means that at least the basic shape will be right, not easy with the Scimitar.

I'm praying it will be in 48th.

I'd like 48th too :) Even after I put all the effort in to making the Scratchaeronautics resin kit!

My mate Nick said on Facebook “It's not Airfix. It's a new model firm called DBG, so I'm told. Owner is an engineer by trade. Apparently, and you may want a pinch of salt with this - DBM Dogs man-vegetables Models.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48(?) - Supermarine Scimitar by (DBG ?) - release late 2023 ?
1 hour ago, k5054nz said:

My mate Nick said on Facebook “It's not Airfix. It's a new model firm called DBG, so I'm told. Owner is an engineer by trade. Apparently, and you may want a pinch of salt with this - DBM Dogs man-vegetables Models.”

DBMK, not DBG. "DB Model Kits". One may suggest the "DB" stands for a "Deutsche Bahn" - as accurate, precise and reasonably priced as a German Railway/Deutsche Bahn... 

Edited by Bikitzer
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48(?) - Supermarine Scimitar by DB Model Kits (DBMK) - release October 2023 ?
1 hour ago, wellsprop said:

I'd like 48th too :) Even after I put all the effort in to making the Scratchaeronautics resin kit!

You and @paulsbrown should be proud of yourselves, leading the way for less inclined people like myself!  Let's hope for a great product.

Does anyone here know who DBMK are, any previous kits etc?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 71chally said:

You and @paulsbrown should be proud of yourselves, leading the way for less inclined people like myself!  Let's hope for a great product.

Does anyone here know who DBMK are, any previous kits etc?

The DBMK consist of people who were involved with other scale modelling manufacturers that had and have reasonably good reputation with Scale Modelers. Example: OLIMP Models... PROresin... csm... I am not going to mention other, ongoing business(-es) just to make sure we do not get overwhelmed with enquiries. No previous kits under "DBMK" yet.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wellsprop said:

I assume this is an actual "conventional" plastic kit - though I don't believe this has been confirmed. Could it be diecast?

Yes, a conventional plastic model kit, not a diecast. May be with a release of an additional batch of a "multimedia kit" consisting of resin and PE parts. This and other options have to be considered and decided at later stage though the arrangements for the aftermarket set(-s) are done. These are very early stages to have all information (including the scale) being written in stone. There are too many factors to be taken into consideration including the budget, the subcontractors. ROI, etc... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

This is great news.

Well, in my opinion, at least those of you who have issues with the subject and its performance characteristics or looks or lack of export sales or whatever other reasons there's been padding out the past seven pages don't have to by the kit :) 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, FalkeEins said:

I know that guy! ..all being well he might be at our next club night on Tuesday.

The shot of the Scimitar in the sea at the end of the clip is a little unfortunate - the fatal accident which took the life of Commander John Russell, CO of 803 NAS, first to operate the Scimitar. After a perfect landing on the newly recommissioned HMS Victorious and in full view of the press, one of the arrestor wires broke, and Russell's Scimitar ( XD 240) just rolled off the deck. 

East Kent Manston?

Keith

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Col. said:

This is great news.

Well, in my opinion, at least those of you who have issues with the subject and its performance characteristics or looks or lack of export sales or whatever other reasons there's been padding out the past seven pages don't have to by the kit :) 

...all of which make it a great subject for a kit in my book! Shame it's not resin, but I'll see what the finished product looks like. Good news though :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I will be the first to say this kit may never see the light of day (I am looking at you TanModel).  However, it is strange how silent the "just because someone is doing a 3D scan of a museum Scimitar doesn't mean we will ever get a model of it" crowd has become.  

I hope we get a great kit, accurate and fun to build.  Hope it sells well and the the company bold and hopeful enough to make it turns a profit.  

Hope. 

After all, like Jonas Salk said:  “Hope lies in dreams, in imagination, and in the courage of those who dare to make dreams into reality.” 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ad-4N said:

However, it is strange how silent the "just because someone is doing a 3D scan of a museum Scimitar doesn't mean we will ever get a model of it" crowd has become.

Well, there is not much to write about. They made a scan, maybe they will make a kit, we will see in two years. Or not.

• Like 2