1/72nd Airfix Mosquito, conv to PR.XVI using a Freightdog Models resin set, wearing the markings of the 25th BG, USAAF at RAF Watton, 1944.

7 hours ago, Natter said:

Ventura decals? Now that's brave. I have only used one set and they were very thick and impervious to Micro-Set/Sol.  Those look great on your model though, and it never ceases to amaze me how good your brush painted finishes are.

Thanks mate,..... I must be lucky as I`ve not had a problem with Ventura and their new stuff is superb,..... I just used a bit of Humbrol decalfix and then sealed them with gloss varnish. Glad you like the brushwork,..... just lots and lots of practice and it does sometime go wrong, usually if I have not painted anything in a while,......... a bit like deck landing,.... you have to keep in constant practice or your skill set soon deteriorates! 

7 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

That is a superb collection Tony.  I don`t which one I like the best.  They`re all beautiful!!!!! :like:

Mike

Thanks Mike,.... I cannot choose either,.....  I never can! 

5 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I know I commented on this in the WiP & after doing some thinking about what I have in stock, no disrespect to Airfix mind, a Tamiya B.IV & Paragon engines with some carefully drilled holes & some Microscale Krystal Klear, I reckon I'd be in business.  :) :( but where is the fun in that, I still reckon I'll need a couple of the Airfix ones at least. :D 

BTW, I still reckon these are a bit awesome. :) 

Steve.

Cheers Steve,..... you go for it mate,...... I`ve got a Hasegawa kit with resin engines on the go as a PR.IX  alongside a Tamiya bomber! Be a shame not to build at least one of these new Airfix  kits,.... after all, they were so kind to provide us with an easy to build twin stage Mossie. Wait until the Special Hobby night fighters arrive on the scene!!  

4 hours ago, gingerbob said:

I don't comment on your builds very often, Tony, but I do tend to come over and have a look when I notice yet another of your RFIs.  Well, all four look lovely, though I think I'd choose the Far East one, for whatever reason.  Looks like you managed a "personalized" one, too!  You almost manage to make the new kit look "buildable" 😉jj

bob

LOL,..... thanks Bob,..... I try my best mate!!  

• Like 2

Great model, it's nice to see a splash of colour on British machines. Love the collection too; I thought the Mossie coded T-OT may have been 

a flight of fancy but with your penchant for accuracy I should have known better (yes I looked it up - sad or what!).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Cracking mossies, and I particular the subject of the thread, one I’m doing first with the Airfix kit. 

Thanks mate,.... good luck with your Mossie.

8 hours ago, mackem01 said:

Great model, it's nice to see a splash of colour on British machines. Love the collection too; I thought the Mossie coded T-OT may have been 

a flight of fancy but with your penchant for accuracy I should have known better (yes I looked it up - sad or what!).

Cheers bud,..... if I`d know people were going to be checking up on me I`d have left the book reference out just to make it harder!!😉  What colour would you say the spinners were then? 

7 hours ago, Homer said:

Congratulations on the outcome of all your hard work, and a great collection of mossies .

Thanks mate,..... glad you like them.

Edited by tonyot

Tony,

All four builds are outstanding! Like the other posters, I really can't pick any one above the others.but those black highlighted stars on the USAAF  example really stand out, and I was unaware of their existence until your build and background story. You are one prolific modeler! You must have a surplus blister hangar out back to house your incredible collection! :worthy:

Mike

P.S. Totally agree that the SA PR Mossies with the barbershop tails, yellow spinners, and D-Day stripes are the bees' knees!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Tony,

All four builds are outstanding! Like the other posters, I really can't pick any one above the others.but those black highlighted stars on the USAAF  example really stand out, and I was unaware of their existence until your build and background story. You are one prolific modeler! You must have a surplus blister hangar out back to house your incredible collection! :worthy:

Mike

P.S. Totally agree that the SA PR Mossies with the barbershop tails, yellow spinners, and D-Day stripes are the bees' knees!

Cheers Mike,...... glad to be able to provide `new' info to knowledgeable people like yourself mate and I wish I did have a hangar of some sort. 

8 hours ago, Zigomar said:

Pretty neat job there!

Thanks mate.

1 hour ago, Buzby061 said:

A cracker, I've seen pictures of Camilla but never seen her modelled before. Lovely.

Nice quartet too, I did my Tamiya 1/48 Mossie in a silver SEAC scheme.

Pete

Thanks Pete,..... I only found three pics of Camilla,.... so I hope I`ve got it somewhere near correct. Glad you like the others too and I bet your Tamiya one looks nice,..... I had an 84 Sqn FB.VI planned but the decals turned out to be rubbish and just would not stick, or bend despite all sorts of setting solutions,.... ah well.... cannot win them all eh? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Very nice, Tiny. I can hear those Merlins purring ;)

Martin

LOL,.... I`m far from Tiny mate!! But thanks, glad you like the model. 

46 minutes ago, 112 Squadron said:

A USAAF Mossie is indeed a rare sight. You have added another beauty to your collection Tony. 👍 I like the way you did the overpainted RAF roundels.

Thanks mate,