Revell Mig-21SMT 1:48

Just off bench the revell mig-21smt or should I say the eduard mig-21smt in a revell box as all the frames are stamped eduard.

Firstly the good, it was a dream to build everything except one section fitting together perfectly, very little filler, beautiful detail and options. 
The not so good, had issues with the cockpit seat being too high so the canopy didn’t sit down resulting in having to sand the base of the seat down flat and then some, and some of the decals silvered although that might be me not allowing time to dry fully in the damp and cold of winter.

And a word of warning if a brush painter like me, the panel lines are a little shallow in places so the paint filled them up a little too much in places under some paints. 
If this was my first eduard and if this is what they are all like I’m very tempted to get another mig-21 for a classic grey or bare metal finish.  
As always comments and advice for future builds gratefully received.  
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 27

4 hours ago, Vultures1 said:

Really nice 'fatback' Fishbed! The camouflage scheme is particularly well done

4 hours ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

Fantastic Mig-21SMT!

Saluti

Giampiero

2 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Bravo!  That's a splendid MiG!  :thumbsup:  Great job for sure. :clap2:

4 hours ago, Remus389 said:

Looks spectacular! 👍

Thank you all. 

44 minutes ago, binbrook87 said:

That's brilliant! I keep looking at this kit and wondering if to purchase or not. I think you've just made up my mind! Great work on the complex camo scheme

It’s a very good kit it’s also a very good size. I’m considering another of the Eduard mig-21 variants. The camo took more brain power then the build!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Great job with the camo, the 21 looks great in this particular scheme:like:. The colours are very authentic, what paints did you use? Just wondering about the decals, did they go onto a matt surface or satin/gloss. 

Pete

Thanks. Painted with humbrol upper and revell lower. Then a coat or 2 humbrol gloss clear then humbrol Matt varnish when finished. And humbrol decal fix. Same as I’ve always done. That’s what makes me think I didn’t leave time for any moisture trapped under the decal to escape with it being cold and damp. 

12 hours ago, Vulcanicity said:

Lovely! My favourite Soviet type, and done very well :)

Thanks.