A-wing on the tarmac

My third model, the second one was not completely completed, so I started the conception and production of the third one. Starting from the sketch, I first constructed the apron in my mind. It is assumed that the ground crew of assembly and maintenance hopes to install the pipeline. The equipment and equipment should be as detailed as possible. Finally, the effort will be spent on the construction of a-wing. It will not be more detailed modelling, but will only use software that is used by the profession, so it will not be 3d printing, and can only be made by hand.

• Like 37
  • Thanks 2

Go on, I can only do a little bit at night every day

Because the A-wing is in a dispersed state, I temporarily took an X-wing and took a look at the overall layout and proportions.

I have never understood how the A-wing's hatch opens. It doesn't seem to be right to open forward and open backward. Was it opened from the side? But will this inconvenient way be adopted in the future?

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Depending on the production they either slide forward or flip up.

https://www.rebelscale.com/scale-lists/star-wars-size-analyses/a-wing-size/#jp-carousel-7751

Thank you for your information, just to answer my doubts,Open backwards, open from the state of the model, it will be blocked by the equipment behind.

• Like 1

The order of my model making is determined according to the order of the models I purchased. The first one is k2so. The second is Stormtroopers, the third is A-wing, and the fourth is TIE fighter and TIE IN_interceptor........... There are many Star Wars models waiting for me to make, but time is always tight and my progress is very slow. However, the process of searching for materials and pictures when making each model, doing research and design is very interesting.

Edited by kenliu
  • Like 7

19 hours ago, Moggy said:

Brilliant modelling!

The construction drawings are as impressive as your scratchbuilding skills.

Cheers, Moggy

Thank you very much for your appreciation and encouragement

• Like 1

On 2021/11/30 at AM2点12分, voozet said:
On 11/30/2021 at 2:12 AM, voozet said:

Very inspiring. Both: sketches and construction. Good work

18 hours ago, Dermo245 said:

This is terrific, both the drawings and the modelling. :worthy:

All the best,
Dermot

I'm not very proficient in making 3D models, and I can't do a lot of modeling. But I will combine hand-painted efforts to perfect it at the physical stage.thanks:)

continue。。。。。

The energy pipeline is the power supply circuit for the a-wing engine and lighting. Because of the size of the wiring and the double-row pin, the connector is a bit large. I am still thinking about whether to add a detailed design that is convenient for manual operation. For the mechanical equipment pipe on the right side of the base of the platform, the second one is planned to be shortened to make the composition on the right more compact and not too loose.

• Like 13

34 minutes ago, voozet said:

What device do you use for lathework, making barrels?

Because there is no equipment, basically you can only rely on handwork, and all kinds of rubber sheets are glued a little bit. The barrel is made of solid glue stick + hollow tube + ab epoxy putty.

• Like 2