1/48 Airfix Chipmunk

DonH

38 minutes ago, ABeck said:

Thank You!  With Gatow just 35 bike minutes away!

I hope to visit sometime in the future, just to see how much it has changed. I know my old school is still there.

• Like 1

Beautifully finished Chipmunk :thumbsup:

I had family and friends based at Gatow in the 1980's but didn't get the myself until 2017 when I went to Berlin and spent an afternoon at the Military History Museum on the old RAF Gatow site.  Worth a visit.  Wikipedia says that there is a Chippie there - but I don't recall seeing - it and if I did i didn't take a photo :blush:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tonyot said:

Very nice indeed,..... I do like the Berlin Chippies! 

You`ll have to add a scratch build camera and leave it on the seat,..... plus a SOXMIS card! https://coldwar.org.uk/soxmis-and-brixmis-legal-spying-on-the-front-lines-of-the-cold-war/

Thank you, for a single colour (grey) scheme, the Chippie does look surprisingly good. just goes to show all that blingy day-glo orange and red/white nonsense is just for show and not for real :)

I think your confidence in my scratch-building abilities far exceeds mine. I did consider removing the rear windows as this was done to give a clear view for the guy with the box brownie in the back.

Thanks for the link. There are some interesting stories on tinterweb and to hear what was going on under my infant nose is strangely exciting. Didn't notice any of it, of course.

10 hours ago, PhantomLover said:

Excellent Chipmunk! Especially admire your canopy masking/painting Skiles!

You are too kind. I can only give the credit to the pre-cut mask set.

• Like 1