1/35 Tamiya Panzer III L - My first armor build.

tehSAC

Found this kit at a garage sale over the summer and thought I'd give it a shot. Started with a base of Tamiya Red Primer, then a quick pass with German Grey. On top of the hairspray, I used AK paint, and then started chipping. Considering this is my first time chipping anything, I think it turned out pretty well.

Next up are decals, detail painting, pin wash, and weathering.

I really am enjoying this. I don't want to put it down honestly.  

Let me know your thoughts for a first time armor builder.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10

1 hour ago, tehSAC said:

Found this kit at a garage sale over the summer and thought I'd give it a shot. Started with a base of Tamiya Red Primer, then a quick pass with German Grey. On top of the hairspray, I used AK paint, and then started chipping. Considering this is my first time chipping anything, I think it turned out pretty well.

Next up are decals, detail painting, pin wash, and weathering.

I really am enjoying this. I don't want to put it down honestly.  

Let me know your thoughts for a first time armor builder.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I would say that's comin on nicely.....chipping can be really tricky but you have done a really good job on that....keep the pics coming as you progress would love to see more....great work so far  :goodjob:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, M3talpig said:

I would say that's comin on nicely.....chipping can be really tricky but you have done a really good job on that....keep the pics coming as you progress would love to see more....great work so far  :goodjob:

Thanks.   I will be sharing the progress as I go along.

4 hours ago, Tojo72 said:

Nice job on the chipping,not overdone

Thank you!

• Like 1

It's looking really good, although just one tiny thing to say. I would have added  the decals before going on to the chipping stage, as the markings of the tank would chip at the same time as the paint work.

John.

Looking good, and the chipping too. The hairspray technique I am yet to try. I hand paint at present my chipping and scratch's, but intend to give it a go on a winter white wash effect.

Looking good so far and will watch on progress.....:yes:

Redcoat

8 hours ago, Stef N. said:

What the other two said. And a special mention to the deeper chipping/scuffing between turret and hull. Nicely handled.👍

Thank you!   I was hoping someone would notice that and comment.    When I first did it I was worried I chipped it too deep.   

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

It's looking really good, although just one tiny thing to say. I would have added  the decals before going on to the chipping stage, as the markings of the tank would chip at the same time as the paint work.

John.

Ahh, I didn't think of that.    Suggestions on how to possibly add that little detail in now?

1 hour ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Looking good, and the chipping too. The hairspray technique I am yet to try. I hand paint at present my chipping and scratch's, but intend to give it a go on a winter white wash effect.

Looking good so far and will watch on progress.....:yes:

Redcoat

Thank you.   As I said this was the first time I had ever done any form of chipping.   I found that this would be the best route for me.   It took maybe an hour to hip the hull and turret.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

A bit of gentle sandpaper/scratching action on the decals,once they're dry,may be in order. Then handbrush some grey to help them blend. Take it easy and have some spare decals handy just in case.

Awesome, I will give that a shot.    I'll need to grab some extra decals first thought.   :)

• Like 1