Sd.Kfz. 10/5 2cm FlaK 38 (Armoured Cab Version) + Upgrades

Redcoat2966

Evening all

Now I'm back at the bench, and working through the backlog........I've decided to complicate it all by kicking off another build. I recently picked this up from a fellow member (cheers Rob :yes:). Been looking for one for some time, always had an aim to do one of these smaller open halftracks. I also decided to make it as painful as possible ( I never learn :hungover:), and picked up the Griffon Model upgrade set specific for this Dragon off KingKit for just above half price compared to what they are asking off Ebay.

Anyway, most probably will kick this off in the New Year. Need to study the instructions.....plenty there to read in both the kit and the PE......:think:. Considering a diorama for this (my first). Keep meaning to get one under my belt at some point.

Well off to update a couple of ongoing builds.

Cheers all.:yes:

o3pnsUF.jpg

CMExcAu.jpg

hGvKX8T.jpg

• Like 10

Really a very interesting project, I will definitely watch your build.

1 hour ago, Redcoat2966 said:

I also decided to make it as painful as possible

Oh yes, judging by the amount of PE details, you are guaranteed suffering... :D

Vytautas

P.S. I have found very good material for a basket of spent cartridges.
This is a cheap synthetic fabric called Organza
The gaps between the threads are almost identical to the real net at the 1/35 scale. One downside, this textile is shiny, but it can be sprayed with matte varnish. Looks incomparably better than PE

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

That's a mighty wedge of PE! Might be worth investing in a few bottles of rubberised CA and some debonder. The micro applicator on these new bottles are awesome for applying minute amounts. The black colour also makes things so much easier.

Not 100% sure but didn't a batch of these DML 10/5 kits from this period have fitment issues with the sprocket alignment? If so, I'm pretty sure there is some fix info on Terry's old Perth Military modelling site.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kelscale said:

That's a mighty wedge of PE! Might be worth investing in a few bottles of rubberised CA and some debonder. The micro applicator on these new bottles are awesome for applying minute amounts. The black colour also makes things so much easier.

Not 100% sure but didn't a batch of these DML 10/5 kits from this period have fitment issues with the sprocket alignment? If so, I'm pretty sure there is some fix info on Terry's old Perth Military modelling site.

Hi Kelscale.

Yeah, I've looked up the Perth site and when I start I'll make sure to keep the wheel issues in mind. On the CA. I have some of the black stuff, but I find it didn't go off quick enough for me. I might use it for some applications where alignment is issue and need to move it into position. I prefer Gorilla gel. I find it's perfect for my build approach. It can sit there for a couple of minutes, but once you put the part on and press it it set's solid. The big bonus is you have a minute or two to scrape clean any excess with the tip of a scalpel. makes for a very clean look. For application, I use an old airbrush needle, sharpened to an even finer point. Then burn of any hardened CA with my micro blow torch......

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

Oh Boy! The carpet monster is going to love this one!! Good luck with the build. You could always delay the build and use it to take part in the A/Cs and Half Tracks group build.

John.

Hi John, and thanks mate....... when does the group build begin?.....wouldn't mind doing that. The group Panther build kept me on schedule, so might need the motivation again and take part....keep me focused.

Can I transfer my post to the group build?

Simon.

On 11/25/2021 at 5:38 PM, robw_uk said:

welcome back, time to be inspired to clag together some PE while watching the master at work

Cheers Rob, appreciate that mate........although I'd say there's a couple of masters on here (IMOP), up in the Baltic states. Always a pleasure to follow their handy work....

On 11/25/2021 at 8:18 PM, Bullbasket said:

Well......you've got plenty of time before the group build starts. 29th October. 

John.

Hi John....mmmmmmmmm, that's a little bit of a longer wait that I can contemplate.......no matter, there's got to be another half track in the stash. I have the armoured cab Sd.Kfz 8 with the 37mm on the back. So January's going to be lift off on this one..........

Cheers both

Simon.

14 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Cheers Rob, appreciate that mate........although I'd say there's a couple of masters on here (IMOP), up in the Baltic states. Always a pleasure to follow their handy work....

Hi John....mmmmmmmmm, that's a little bit of a longer wait thank I can contemplate.......no matter, there's got to be another half track in the stash. I have the armoured cab Sd.Kfz 8 with the 37mm on the back. So January's going to be lift off on this one..........

Cheers both

Simon.

👍