`Deuce` F,102 Delta Dagger, 509 FIW, Tan Son Nhut Airport, S Vietnam 1966

You did a badass job. You polished the painted surface, creating a super-realistic result. The exhaust section looks convincing. You weathered well, but did not over-weather the aircraft or fall victim to "gridding" the panel lines.

Looks very nice and I hope my F-102s turn out that well so I can display them nicely.

• Thanks 1

Really impressive build! I did not known that F 102 flown in Vietnam still in 1966!  Moreover, I lived in opinion, apparently wrong, that all USAF machines in Vietnam had three colors upper scheme, and not such light grey with red air superiority livery. Thank you for sharing :)

Regards

J-W

• Thanks 1

That's outstanding. I do love the '102...a very elegant aircraft that just looks right from every angle. You've done a fine job on the 'old' kit. Just one question....it looks like engraved panel lines...but i thought these old Monogram kits were raised?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, binbrook87 said:

That's outstanding. I do love the '102...a very elegant aircraft that just looks right from every angle. You've done a fine job on the 'old' kit. Just one question....it looks like engraved panel lines...but i thought these old Monogram kits were raised?

Thanks, re:panel lines, I sanded them all flush and drew them in later with a pencil using the instructions as a guide. Then varnished and weathered.

Cheers Russ 

• Like 3

Your usual top-notch work, for sure!

The pencil panel lines are quite a brilliant concept (I've never been diligent enough to go at full re-scribing like some do).

Excellent results as always!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

• Thanks 1