1:48 & 1:72 RAF Figures - V bomber air and ground crew

tnuag

To compliment the new Vulcan kit, we have produced some suitable 1:72 figures.

Also, because we will do the Mandator, Blue Steel and bomb trolley in 1:48, the figures are also available in 1:48.

A total of four sets will be available in each scale:

GE48300 - RAF Blue Steel servicing crew (six figures). Modelled wearing the protective clothing necessary when fueling the missile. - Available now

GE48301 - RAF aircrew - standing (six figures). Modelled wearing flying overalls and life preservers, as for the sixties and seventies. - Available December 21

GE48302 - RAF aircrew - running (six figures). Modelled wearing flying overalls and life preservers, as for the sixties and seventies. - Available December 21

GE48003 - RAF ground crew - (TBD figures) - Planned for February 22

GE72300 - RAF Blue Steel servicing crew (six figures). Modelled wearing the protective clothing necessary when fueling the missile. - Available now

GE72301 - RAF aircrew - standing (six figures). Modelled wearing flying overalls and life preservers, as for the sixties and seventies. - Available December 21

GE72302 - RAF aircrew - running (six figures). Modelled wearing flying overalls and life preservers, as for the sixties and seventies. - Available December 21

GE72003 - RAF ground crew - (TBD figures) - Planned for February 22

Here are two photos showing real life servicing from the web (copyright not known). Thank you for the suggestion, Mike.

spacer.png

spacer.png

1:48 RAF Blue Steel servicing crew, with a one pound coin for scale.

spacer.png

1:48 RAF Blue Steel servicing crew package header

spacer.png

1:72 RAF Blue Steel servicing crew, with a one pound coin for scale.

spacer.png

1:72 RAF Blue Steel servicing crew package header

spacer.png

Edited by tnuag
Photos added
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tnuag said:

Also, because we will do the Mandator, Blue Steel and bomb trolley in 1:48, the figures are also available in 1:48.

GE48300 - RAF Blue Steel servicing crew (six figures). Modelled wearing the protective clothing necessary when fueling the missile. - Available now

GE48301 - RAF aircrew - standing (six figures). Modelled wearing flying overalls and life preservers, as for the sixties and seventies. - Available December 21

GE48302 - RAF aircrew - running (six figures). Modelled wearing flying overalls and life preservers, as for the sixties and seventies. - Available December 21

GE72300 - RAF Blue Steel servicing crew (six figures). Modelled wearing the protective clothing necessary when fueling the missile. - Available now

GE72301 - RAF aircrew - standing (six figures). Modelled wearing flying overalls and life preservers, as for the sixties and seventies. - Available December 21

GE72302 - RAF aircrew - running (six figures). Modelled wearing flying overalls and life preservers, as for the sixties and seventies. - Available December 21

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

photos come up fine for me.

Mike

9 hours ago, tnuag said:

Here are two photos showing real life servicing from the web (copyright not known). Thank you for the suggestion, Mike.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

No images showing!!

3 hours ago, tnuag said:

I know, but I don't know why - they link to files on our website. Any suggestions appreciated.

Most likely because it's not a secure website the forum software or browser settings are preventing it displaying

You'd need an SSL certificate to change from HTTP to HTTPS to fix it 

Photo's don't show for me in Britmodeller or if I click on the link, however if I right click and open them in a new tab in Edge I can see them fine.

1 hour ago, bootneck said:

Hi Paul,

can you see the images in my response?  Might have to expand the post.

Mike

No, because you're viewing them in the same environment they didn't show up in in  the first place

1 hour ago, Paul Bradley said:

Hmm, tried two different computers, two different locations and two different browsers and I still can't se them. Odd.

Could you please post a link to your website? 

http://www.aim72.co.uk

• Like 1

A link to the website won't help, as they are in a sub-directory specifically for graphics on this site.

I don't know why it is happening, as all previous posting have had no problems with graphics.

1 minute ago, tnuag said:

A link to the website won't help, as they are in a sub-directory specifically for graphics on this site.

I don't know why it is happening, as all previous posting have had no problems with graphics.

I get the same problem whenever you post photo's hosted on your website, it's not a new problem

None of the suggestions have worked for me, the closest I got was this:

"HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Most likely causes:

The directory or file specified does not exist on the Web server.

The URL contains a typographical error.

A custom filter or module, such as URLScan, restricts access to the file.

Things you can try:

Create the content on the Web server.

Review the browser URL.

Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code and see which module is calling SetStatus. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.

Detailed Error Information:

Module   IIS Web Core

Notification   MapRequestHandler

Handler   StaticFile

Error Code   0x80070002

Requested URL   http://www.aim72.co.uk:80/pictures/ge48300_2.jpg

Physical Path   e:\home\aim72\pictures\ge48300_2.jpg

Logon Method   Anonymous

Logon User   Anonymous

More Information:

This error means that the file or directory does not exist on the server. Create the file or directory and try the request again.

View more information »"

Whatever that may mean?

I'd want more than that on with HTP around .. 

How about normal RAF ground crew 1960s/70s in overalls. ( RAF Denims). NOT in TACEVAL NBC gear please ( Airfix already did that in 1/72nd ) with loose tools ,hammers,spanners etc. and  holding tools/drills etc. laying face down as if working on a wing . on their backs. Holding hands up as if lifting ,general working positions . Would be very handy . Stood about doing nothing , Cuppa Char and a cheese dog .... Just like the real things .

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 2

Hi, How are you ? Not especially , just look at any airfield/ hangar  scene . Airport books , I know you'll have a stack of books ! 

Aircraft mechanics - Google Search

Mechanics working on aircraft wings - Google Search

Men working on aircraft - Google Search

Hopefully clicking those will throw up a stack of images .. Obviously not . Please just search Google Images using those words 

Edited by bzn20

• 2 months later...
On 11/24/2021 at 5:09 PM, Meatbox8 said:

I can see them fine.  Looking forward to some images of the aircrew sets.

Same here, keep looking at Hannants for them but don’t think they’re on there as yet? Would welcome and appreciate an update as and when both the aircrew and ground crew figures are likely to be available please.

Edited by elanman

Aircrew sets were delivered to Hannants ten days ago. Two sets; aircrew standing and aircrew running - here are the links:

1:72 - Aircrew standing - https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/GE72301

1:72 - Aircrew running - https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/GE72302

1:48 - Aircrew standing - https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/GE48301

1:48 - Aircrew running - https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/GE48302

The 1:72 figures are intended for use with the V-bombers, while 1:48 go with the Canberra.

Edited by tnuag
Hyperlinks corrected
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2022 at 9:41 PM, tnuag said:

Aircrew sets were delivered to Hannants ten days ago. Two sets; aircrew standing and aircrew running - here are the links:

1:72 - Aircrew standing - https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/GE72301

1:72 - Aircrew running - https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/GE72302

1:48 - Aircrew standing - https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/GE48301

1:48 - Aircrew running - https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/GE48302

The 1:72 figures are intended for use with the V-bombers, while 1:48 go with the Canberra.

Thank you.