Tamiya 1/35 Churchill

Hi all, I started this as a quick, low pressure 'fun' build a couple of weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm pretty pleased with the outcome, it represents a vehicle of the North Irish Horse in Italy in Spring 1945. I've put together a blog post about the construction with a bigger gallery here: https://warhammeradjacent.wordpress.com/2021/11/23/the-kindness-of-strangers-tamiya-churchill-vii/

51699531941_4dde11735e_k.jpg

51699531921_d45e755ed1_k.jpg

51699809093_645c592a1a_k.jpg

The stowage is from the Ballistic Turtle set with a tarp made from paper and VMS paper shaper coated with acrylic binders. I have been struggling with tarps but I think this works a lot better than green stuff and is much easier to work with.

51698736977_2df94fa64c_k.jpg[/url]

The insignia are painted with masks, the 21st Independent Tank Brigade badge was particularly challenging but looks ok under a layer of grime.

51699531756_51d9bc6aba_k.jpg

I'm building a rubble road base for another build but thought I'd see how the Churchill looked on top, it's certainly a handsome tank!

51698736982_759513ebf3_k.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 40
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, WarhammerAdjacent said:

Thanks, I've been looking at the AFV club ones and thinking about giving them a go. They look like great kits but I hear the suspension is more complicated than the real thing.

It's a bit of a faff but I did find his here before I did my Churchill Carpet Layer a few years ago. It eases the pain a bit! The kits are also very detailed / over complicated. Delete where inapplicable.

Pete

Excellent stuff.

Love the finish on it. Strangely enough, my Churchill also ended up with a nice silky sheen on it. This occurred because it was the first time I used weathering powders and I kinda 'scrubbed them in' so much it polished the paint! lol But it did give a really nice realistic effect IMO and made it look like a big lump of metal.

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder