Hobbyboss 1/48 FJ-4B Fury

Evil_Toast_RSA

This kit I started middle of this year, and hit a slump in motivation at the priming/blemish fixing stage. And since then it's been sitting on my shelf in full view, pestering my sanity like only an ex could.

No more. Want this guy done. Overall this was a bit of a mixed bag from HB. First time in absolute ages I could actually see the mold release on the plastic, but finely scribed and mostly a pleasure to build. The WTF parts were a rather pathetic instrument panel (raised detail measured in micrometers, but a rather solid side console detailing) and some rather odd damage to the rear airbrake wall, looked serated like a pliers jaws. Weird. 

Anyway. This is where things stand. Need to finish the surface prep and maybe give the intake masking another go. 

20211122_201923

More updates to follow later this week hopefully. 

Edited by Evil_Toast_RSA
Tags
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

And things have finally gotten underway. Painted the corroguard leading edges and masked off, attached refueling probe and Bullpup pylons and gave everything a once over with a mix of Mr Surfacer 1500 Grey and Black. 

20211203_200626

• Like 5

Things ticking over quite nicely so far. After my Sea Vixen I'm taking this build easy, nothing overly dramatic or complicated with the paintwork. 

Got the main colours down, all from the Mr Color range again. C1 Gloss White for wheel and airbrake bays, C316 Insignia White and C325 FS 26440. 

Still got to do the detail stuff in airbrake bay, landing gear struts and one or two bits to clean up then decision time on which markings to go for. 

20211208_202606

20211208_202632

• Like 8