Upgraded my VR with HP Reverb G2 today for Flight Sim

One 48

Upgraded my VR Flight sim capability today, dabbled on and off with Oculus Rift Virtual Reality, some sims look better than others, DCS looks awesome, but with the higher resolution HP Reverb G2, its a big jump in resolution and losing screen door effect and even motion sickness some folk get and all important refresh rate too, still far from perfect IMHO ... but we're getting there.

DCS Apache landing soon, this is going to be immense 👍

ld2o5bf.jpg

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

"still far from perfect"..   possibly the most usefull bit of information I've seen published re G2.

I bought one of the original Gen 1 Reverb Pros, and have been delighted with it so far -  a definate

improvement on the Lenovo Explorer it replaced. Been lucky enough not to notice many of the issues reported

for the Gen 1.

That said, it did have room for improvement.

I'd been hoping that the G2 would offer a substantial improvement in clarity of image - on the old G1 

you had to have the headset positioned to the mm, and I frequently find myself pressing slightly

on the lower front of headset if trying to make out the readings on the map.  From what I've read

the G2 has a larger sweet spot, and optical lenses that are slightly better, but not by a big enough margin

to convince me to splash out on a new headset.

Still waiting for the day when what you see in a VR headset is as sharp and clear  as what you see in Actual Reality :)

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 3:41 PM, DD_Crash said:

You will have to wait some time and have a beast of a computer, but I love Il-2 and DCS in VR. I have a G2 and use openXR instead of Steam

Aint that the truth !    Low-level downtown Caucases map on a 2080GTX in VR is not always as smooth as I would have hoped for ....

• Like 1

• 3 months later...