De Havilland Sea Venom FAW.21 WW189 451/J - Classic Airframes 1/48

Really nice.  I like that a lot. 👍

You know what will happen now...................

Airfix will announce one in the new year,:analintruder::doh:

Dick 

10 hours ago, billn53 said:

I have no idea how much you paid for the kit, but you've built it up into a real gem!

Neither does my fiancée, and I intend to keep it that way!

There's one on ebay now for £180, mine was no way near that expensive - although you can imagine how frustrated I was when I saw another sell on ebay recently for less than £70, including a load of aftermarket bits 😕

9 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

How do you manage to brush paint so smoothly with no brush lines? It looks like it’s been sprayed or airbrushed. Amazing.

Cheers, the Hataka blue line acrylics work very well when painted in thin layers, using a soft flat brush - after a gloss varnish, any small brush marks basically disappear.

9 hours ago, jenko said:

Airfix will announce one in the new year,:analintruder::doh:

You bet, or the 1/48 Buccaneer that I have hiding in the stash!

Cheers all :D

• Like 1

That was well worth the money you spent on it, what a lovely build. It is good to see "collector" kits actually being built instead of gathering dust in attics waiting for who knows what day to come along.

Duncan B

• Like 1

Apart from a general comment on what a beautiful model you’ve produced, the nicest thing I can think of to say about this model is that I can’t tell it’s a Classic Airframes, nor that it’s brush painted.  Bravo!

Nice subject too, this FAA schemes are quite attractive, must get around to doing one myself.