Meteor F.8 WH291 79 Squadron 1/48 Airfix

Couple of images still wet on the bench of my latest project. This is the lovely Airfix 1/48 kit done as Brawdy based WH291 of 79 Res Squadron (TWU). Extras used included Eduards cockpit and masking sets and a replacement pitot tube from Master. Decals were cobbled together from the spares box and kit. Weathering was a mixture of a light Flory panel/pin wash and Tamiya weathering pastels. Not my best effort I’ll admit but happy for any comments good or bad - hope it’s of interest.

• Like 58

24 minutes ago, amos brierley said:

A nice clean build.  I went to the Crown Plaza hotel at Liverpool airport earlier this year, to see the re-build remains of this jet. Sadly the plane doesn’t look as well as it’s hey day.     😉

Hello mate Do you kind me asking about access. Can you just turn up and have a look?

19 hours ago, petetasker said:

Not my best effort I’ll admit

You set yourself very high standards if you're not very pleased. It's a Meteor - tick. It's very nicely made and finished - tick.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Graham T said:

Lovely.  Is that Light Aircraft Grey?  Unusual scheme I've not previously seen on a Meteor. 

Yes overall LAG. Found a nice colour photo the other day of the same aircraft wearing the same grey scheme but also full 85 Sqn markings - can feel another project coming on.

On 11/21/2021 at 8:57 PM, petetasker said:

Hello mate Do you kind me asking about access. Can you just turn up and have a look?

The first time I went I parked at the hotel (you’ll need to put your car reg in for free parking) and they said come back next year.  A police friend of mine who has worked at the airport gave me some advice during a recent meeting. It’s a public right of way down the right hand side of the building, you can gain access to the air side pan. I’d already phoned the heritage guys who were happy to chat on the phone.  The second time I went, I parked at the retail park and just walked across. There are some recent photos of the aircraft being rebuilt.   Hope this helps.  😉

• Thanks 1