ITALERI 1:48 Lockheed S-3B Viking

This is an Esci/AMT repop. The kit went together pretty well but pay attention to the instructions as Italeri mis-numbers several parts; they are pretty easy to figure out though. Another error was that a clear canopy was include and every photo I've seen has the smoked one. An easy fix for me as I swapped it out for the smoked one in their S-3A kit. The cockpit is pretty barren so the canopy hides this nicely. I had to remove and re-position some of the antennae. These things were all over the place so references are needed. I used Vallejo Model Air Barley Grey as it looks pretty close to the photos. I'm pretty much stuck on paint I have in stock due to this COVID thang. Italeri wants you to paint the canopy/glare panel Black but the photo shows Grey; I used Tamiya XF-53 Neutral Grey for this. I used the kit decals and I'm not sure if its my choice of lo-viz paint or their choice of lo-viz markings but they all but disappear. The tail marking...yes...that's singular. Its one piece except for the formation lights. There was no problem getting them into position as they were very sturdy. I got them to snuggle into the panel line but not completely. I made the FOD covers as I didn't feel like fiddling around with the intake seam; not completely accurate.

img_1631-jpg.647566

img_1632-jpg.647567

img_1633-jpg.647568

img_1635-jpg.647570

img_1634-jpg.647578

img_1636-jpg.647571

blackadder57_211109_6189ea74aa9ec-768x52

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1