F-100D Super Sabre, RDAF, ESCI 1/48

This is my ESCI Super Sabre in 1/48th scale. It's not the best model kit ever produced.. In fact, there are lots of inaccuracies, but still I enjoyed this build, especially finishing in the colours of the Danisch Airforce, which gives a lot of chances for weathering. 

I used an ejection seat from the spares box, since the original seat from ESCI is a joke. Also I made a new pitot

tube from brass tubing. The ladder is from a Monogram kit, as well as the Bullpup missile. I read that Danish Huns were Bullpup compatible, so I decided to use one. 

The wing fences were cut out of evergreen, and only yesterday did I read that Danish aircraft didn't have them.. 

Well, here are the pictures:

F-100D_1

F-100D_4

F-100D_3

F-100D_2

Kind regards,

Gerben

• Like 47

3 hours ago, PhantomLover said:

The wing fences were cut out of evergreen, and only yesterday did I read that Danish aircraft didn't have them.. 

Quite right Gerben. In fact there was a number of differences. Nevertheless it is a nice build :)

Martin

• Like 1

Absolutely stunning! Hard to believe it's the old Esci kit! I do love the well worn and heavily faded Danish aircraft and must try one soon...either '100 or '104. The heat scorched rear is sublime and the faded overall finish is just brilliant. Thanks for sharing 👍👌

• Thanks 1