Flyhawk 1/700 HMS Hood Dio after she Blew Up.

ERK

Evening all,    more progress   -   little boaty time in the form of Three motor cruisers  that were made painted and washed  then glued down.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

12 hours ago, agyoung33 said:

Some mean work there Erk - looking very cool! 

Cheers

Gary

Thank you kindly.

Erk.

9 hours ago, mick said:

great work

Thank you.

Erk.

Morning all, a bit more progress  - I decided it was time I worked on the Hull  - first step after giving it a soapy wash down and dry, was to  get my airbrush out and  put down a couple of thin layers of Vallejo Black Dirface Primer, this went on  quite well, I then put it aside and left well alone for about Three days.

It was  earlier  that I decided  I could mask up the Boot Line  as the primer had been given enough time  -  so I cut Two corresponding  strips  about 1.8mm  wide  to represent the Eight feet wide  boot, this was then  smoothed into position with some careful alignment  both sides  - its ready  to  start pying down AP507  above the boot  - then masked  for the bottom  Dark Grey.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday @ERK, I think the hull is the most important part of the ship. It gives the vessel her graceful lines plus it keeps everything else afloat. 😁 You've got that boot topping masking nice and straight. Regards, Jeff.

Thank you kindly Jeff, not easy to do at this scale.

Erk.

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all,   some good progress  -   I  airbrushed  the upper  hull AP507A  from my  Lifecolour  range, this went on a couple of thin layers,   then It was put aside to fully dry.

Then  Three days later  I masked  up the upper hull  and  mixed  up  some  darker Grey  for the Anti fouling,   this was then  airbrushed  in about  Four thin layers, this was then put a side  again to dry.

Then a few days later  it was the big reveal  - and I  removed the masking  -   turned out better  than I expected.-,  I then dry fitted it  with the  upper deck.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

Evening all,    some more progress,  after   doing some airbrush work to the deck  fittings,   next  job was to fit  both  deck sheets  down,   then a dry fit  on the hull.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

Good day all,    a bit more progress  the hull is now buttoned up, and some weathering added to the decks  - more at the rear  due  to the  frequent  washing  of the lower deck, also the front  water break has been fitted/painted.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Adm Lord De Univers said:

A more delicate way of saying, "the largest submarine in the world", methinks. Looking really good and enjoying seeing this coming together.

David

Thats a good way of putting it   - thank you kindly.

Erk.

7 hours ago, steve5 said:

some very nice detail work , erk . how you guy's do this stuff at this scale is amazing to me , keep it up mate .

Thank you so much  Steve   - that was so nice of  you to say.

Erk.

8 hours ago, agyoung33 said:

Some excellent work there Erk! I like the effect on the wooden planking fore and aft. Did you use oils for the weathering?

Cheers

Gaz

Thank you  kindly,   I used my  Earth shade Acrylic  wash  - gently  brushed it over then added  some water  to the brush  to  thin it  a wee bit.

Erk.

• Like 1

Just a quick update  -  I have started populating the  forward  deck with the differet (tiny)  fittings,   some  paint touch up will need doing after.

I have put it to one side for a bit  to start on another  build  and give my eyes a rest.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8