Flyhawk 1/700 HMS Hood Dio after she Blew Up.

ERK

9 minutes ago, ERK said:

Thank you  kindly,   yep its the 1/700  Flyhawk kit  - deffo  recomend it.

Erk.

Oh, don’t tempt me.

I did try to build a 1/700 destroyer, but failed miserably. It was far too small for me. I suppose The Hood, being a battleship is a bigger kit, but still too small for me.

Jon

58 minutes ago, Faraway said:

Oh, don’t tempt me.

I did try to build a 1/700 destroyer, but failed miserably. It was far too small for me. I suppose The Hood, being a battleship is a bigger kit, but still too small for me.

Jon

I find the keys to working at this scale  are  - good light,  good  magnification  - optovisors  etc   and a steady hand,   I got some good practice in  working on my  28mm  waterloo figures  - painting eys/buckles  etc.

Erk.

21 minutes ago, Adm Lord De Univers said:

Will you also talk with my partner about why I must have it? It's got to the point where I've run out of places to hide the stash...and that includes in plain sight.

David

Offer to cook for as long as the kit takes to build.......

Erk.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ERK said:

Offer to cook for as long as the kit takes to build.....

Smert, I'll find some other poor chap to discuss my stash with her then.

Back on topic, 'ood is looking mighty fine. The detail on these kits is quite flabbergasting, but it still takes skill to do this as well as the above, especially considering this is 1/700. Good job.

David

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adm Lord De Univers said:

Will you also talk with my partner about why I must have it? It's got to the point where I've run out of places to hide the stash...and that includes in plain sight.

David

Sorry, definitely on your own there.

Jon

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Adm Lord De Univers said:

Smert, I'll find some other poor chap to discuss my stash with her then.

Back on topic, 'ood is looking mighty fine. The detail on these kits is quite flabbergasting, but it still takes skill to do this as well as the above, especially considering this is 1/700. Good job.

David

Yep  - its a Superb kit  its  said to be the ultimate kit of Hood in any scale.

Erk.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Faraway said:

I did try to build a 1/700 destroyer, but failed miserably. It was far too small for me.

Gidday, I did three last year and initially I did find the small size quite fiddly, but on the other hand the fit was usually better on them than what I was used to. And certainly the detail. I did get used to it. Admittedly the difference in size between 1/600 and 1/700 is not as great as between 1/350 and 1/700.

The detail on your kit here, Erk is definitely much better than the Airfix kit. But I guess you get what you pay for. Your build is coming along very well. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, I did three last year and initially I did find the small size quite fiddly, but on the other hand the fit was usually better on them than what I was used to. And certainly the detail. I did get used to it. Admittedly the difference in size between 1/600 and 1/700 is not as great as between 1/350 and 1/700.

The detail on your kit here, Erk is definitely much better than the Airfix kit. But I guess you get what you pay for. Your build is coming along very well. Regards, Jeff.

Thank you kindly Jeff.

Erk.

Evening all   a bit more progress  -  some more PE  fitted  a long  with  some tiny boats (one of the small pilot boats needed a tiny  roof fitting)   also a few more  floats  and an a small  structure was added.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

Hi  all,     so   more work has been  continuing   - I have started  work on the base of the conning tower, its a one piece  section with lots of  sub assemblies  fitted to it  starting with the PE stairs  then  a centre  fitting, then the side davits  and  floats   also  some what I assume are wind breaks,   also  couple of paravanes  were glued in place.

Next job was to fit the  flag cases, then another tiny deck building - followed by Two vent  units  and the Two direction finder masts,  oh and a centre mast was glued in place,   they still need some clean up to remove a few blemishes  from where I cut them from the  sprues.

The main assembly is just dry fitted as It will be primed and airbrushed  first before I  hand paint the floor in Corticene.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

Hi All,   more work  on "Little Hood"   - I have  fitted the Two Hacs  units and the  Direction Finder has been fitted to the top of the front housing (that is just dry fitted for now as it will be painted  seperatly).

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

Hi there all,   not anything drastic  as I am  pregressing with my little hood  slowly  - trying not rush her,  so basicaly  just awee bit of detail  on the conning tower  and dry fitting a few of her levels.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

Hi All,   another slight update  - I have added some more levels and bits to the conning tower, and I have added  one of my little 28mm  figures  for scale.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7