Zeppelin !

Martian

4 hours ago, Brandy said:

The flying Biro is looking rather splendid, I have to say!

Ian

I suppose in this case it may be true then, that the pen is indeed mightier than the sword?    

Sorry.  Leaving now ........ 🚪

Rob

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

I saw that label on a hairdryer when I last visited general melchett at Melchett Towers.

Damn, you noticed....that was specifically placed by Darling, in the en-suite for a purpose, along with the toaster next to the bath tub and the dodgy 1930s era electric blanket (with original wiring I might add) concealed within your bed....Bladrick has offered to check Sarah Jane's brake lines free of charge which I think is pretty damn decent of him after the last debacle......oh well, I suppose there's always the next time :wicked:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Ahaaa... And for once ... I wasn't me... Wasn't it ??:evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

Wait a minute, I'll find something to say since @Brandy beat me on that one... :cheers:

Very Joy Stick that Martian and a winged one at that....

Sincerely.

CC

No, CC, just for once you haven't been a very naughty Earthling.

Surprised of Mars 👽

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

Damn, you noticed....that was specifically placed by Darling, in the en-suite for a purpose, along with the toaster next to the bath tub and the dodgy 1930s era electric blanket (with original wiring I might add) concealed within your bed....Bladrick has offered to check Sarah Jane's brake lines free of charge which I think is pretty damn decent of him after the last debacle......oh well, I suppose there's always the next time :wicked:

I would like to be able to say that Sarah-Jane is looking forward to it but we both know that would be an utter lie.

Truthful of Mars 👽

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Martian said:

No, CC, just for once you haven't been a very naughty Earthling.

Surprised of Mars 👽

Just wait..... That will change. If not then we must enquire.... Who are you and what have you done with CC?

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Well, I would say she's missing a trick there, Balders is a whizz with oily fluids and abrasive friction pads :jump_fire:

Maybe but this is supposed to be a family show and it is probably best not to discuss the more sensitive of some of the "medical procedures" we witnessed you being subjected to last time we visited you. There is a chance, however small, that some people following this thread may be of a sensitive disposition.

"Responsible" of Mars 👽

15 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

Just wait..... That will change. If not then we must enquire.... Who are you and what have you done with CC?

It will probably be no more than a nano-second and CC is still incarcerated in the Naughty Corner. His Vogon guards have been instructed to read him the Chief Vogon's twenty seven volume best seller, "Ode to Some Trapdoor Snot That I Found in My Third Nostril Yesterday Morning", should he show any signs of trying to escape.

Reassuring of Mars 👽

• Haha 8

we witnessed you being subjected to last time we visited you

You're beginning to sound a lot like CC young fella, the boffins at Bletchley are on short notice.

His Vogon guards have been instructed to read him the Chief Vogon's twenty seven volume best seller, "Ode to Some Trapdoor Snot That I Found in My Third Nostril Yesterday Morning", should he show any signs of trying to escape.

Lummy, that's a bit strong Martian, poor blighter won't stand a cat in hell's chance.....surly a single line from Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings ditty, 'Dead swans' would suffice.

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Lummy, that's a bit strong Martian, poor blighter won't stand a cat in hell's chance.....surly a single line from Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings ditty, 'Dead swans' would suffice.

True but have you seen the prices that that book is fetching on EvilBay? Besides we only want to make CC behave; not actually kill him which I understand is the usual result of reading Ms Millstone-Jennings' works. 

Fair Minded of Mars 👽

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Loving your work on that torpedo glider Martian. I'd never known about such a scenario before and it is weirdly compelling.

Thanks Tony, you will not be surprised to learn that it was the weirdness of the contraption that attracted me to it in the first place!

Predictable of Mars 👽

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Martian said:

True but have you seen the prices that that book is fetching on EvilBay? Besides we only want to make CC behave; not actually kill him which I understand is the usual result of reading Ms Millstone-Jennings' works. 

Fair Minded of Mars 👽

No worries Dear Alien !!

I read James joyce a lot of time.... It's a great training....

Vogon poetry is now a must in the training course of the Bletchley Park boffins....

The TT SiG staff car suffer from a rotten brake line.... So, I'm just worrying on myself about it....:raincloud:

But it will not last long...:wicked::wicked:

Momentarily quiet CC

• Haha 6

On 5/30/2023 at 7:17 PM, Martian said:

I was wondering who would be the first of the "Usual Suspects" to make that allusion.:rolleyes:

Chief Suspect of Mars 👽

Not a Propellering Pencil then? :think:

Gondor

• Haha 4

Hello Dear Alien,

Cleaning up old thingies, I found this....

It may help you.... Or give you more daft ideas.....

IMG_20230608_195344

There was a rowing boat Zeppelin ????:rofl2:

German WWI galley ???

Have fun !!

Sincerely.

CC

See, quietness was just momentary....:wicked::wicked:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

See, quietness was just momentary.

A momentary lapse of reason, which just happens to be what I'm listening to right now. Regards, Jeff.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

See, quietness was just momentary....:wicked::wicked:

No-one ever thought otherwise CC. Had it lasted we would have to have sent for the BM vet.

Relieved of Mars 👽

• Haha 6

I decided that I was not happy with my efforts on the wings of the torpedo glider and decided to bite the bullet and make them out of the wings from one of my Airfix Avro 504K kits after all. The wings are pretty much the right chord so it was a matter of sanding the existing detail off of the kit parts, trimming them to shape and adding ribs on the upper surfaces of the wings from .10 x .30 plastic strip and sanding them back down to nearer .05 'thou thickness.

260.jpg

The less prominent rib tapes on the lower surfaces of the wings had me stumped for a while. How to get parallel lines to represent them? In the end I constructed a tool which consisted of two old scalpel blades glued together with a .30 'thou spacer in between them and, as I will most likely need to do more tapes in my modelling future, with a handle constructed from scraps of plastic card. I will most likely make another one for 1/72 scale tapes as, much to my surprise, the tool worked lie a dream.

262.jpg

261.jpg

So, I now had a wingless Avro kit. What to do with it? Well I had often toyed with the idea of converting a 504K to an early war bomber but for one reason or another, had always fought shy of having ago at it. With nothing to lose and with the knowledge that the type was used on the Friedrichshafen raid, I started hacking away at the fuselage.  I began by flattening the fuselage sides and then carved some laminations of plastic card to make the fairings behind the engine cowling. The cowling itself was then reshaped and the opening at the front reduced in size. I was lucy here as the kit plastic is very thick which allowed for some pretty drastic butchery. The front cockpit will be faired over when the fuselage is buttoned up and I tracked down the cheapest Airfix 504 kit I could lay my tentacles on on EvilBay for  a set of replacement wings.

263.jpg

264.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

PM your address Chaps, I'll drop some orf in the morning. Of course, it'll help if you live next to a reservoir....

Will Poole Harbour be sufficient?

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

Just now, Martian said:

Will Poole Harbour be sufficient?

Sadly not. I imagine it's subject to tides (aren't we all?) and I'm restricted to Lincoln locals in the morning. 

I'll try to bounce one out of the sewage works in your direction if you'd like?

• Haha 4