Apart from a final coat of varnish when things a a bit cooler, I'm not spoiling thing now, Granny's Zeppelin is complete. The Q Class, L23, is, kittens permitting, not far behind. more pictures in RFI. Displayed alongside the artifacts I have for the ship.

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

155.jpg

• Like 25

Gorgeous!

but…

It does cry out for a Sopwith Camel or something in the same scale (even maybe just a figure or even a terraced house) to get some sense of the size of the bloomin thing.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Gorgeous!

but…

It does cry out for a Sopwith Camel or something in the same scale (even maybe just a figure or even a terraced house) to get some sense of the size of the bloomin thing.

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian, the scale comparison will come when I build HMS Agamemnon to place alongside LZ22.

Martian 👽

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, heloman1 said:

Fantastic finish Martin, congratulations. Hope the kittens allow you some modelling time!

Colin

Thanks Colin. They are "helping Mrs Martian have a shower at the moment so I intend to sneak into the Martian cave while they are distracted.

Sneaky of Mars 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2022 at 12:35 PM, Martian said:

Evil child! you know perfectly well that I am the sort of imbecile to try doing just that! I am seriously tempted though. :hmmm:

Martian 👽

Go on Martian, You know you want to. It tasks  you. And you should have it! 

The Inciting Deamon of Virginia😈 

Just as a Post script. There are no words to describe the excellence of this build. Well maybe one....Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious or maybe Suoicodilaipxecitsiligarfilacrepus. But that might be a bit much. don't you think? Either way can't wait to see more output from the Martian Ironworks, Ltd.

• Haha 3

Just now, LorenSharp said:

Go on Martian, You know you want to. It tasks  you. And you should have it! 

The Inciting Deamon of Virginia😈 

Just as a Post script. There are no words to describe the excellence of this build. Well maybe one....Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious or maybe Suoicodilaipxecitsiligarfilacrepus. But that might be a bit much. don't you think? Either way can't wait to see more output from the Martian Ironworks, Ltd.

Thanks Loren, I shall tell Mrs Martian that you made me do it if I do get one. The only hope for me is that it doesn't fit in with the Great War Zeppelin project. It does look rather handsome though. :hmmm:

Martian 👽

4 minutes ago, Martian said:

Thanks Loren, I shall tell Mrs Martian that you made me do it if I do get one. The only hope for me is that it doesn't fit in with the Great War Zeppelin project. It does look rather handsome though. :hmmm:

Martian 👽

No worries Martian. Happy to oblige. Always ready to do my bit of arm twisting for God and Country, Or serve as an example of what NOT to do. Whatever that do may be. As they say...

“To be is to do”—Socrates.
“To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre.
“Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.

• Haha 6

Shock, Horror! Martian finishes two models in lee than a week! Hard to believe I know but here is the proof:

160.jpg

A couple more pictures are in RFI. The bench seems strangely empty at the moment. Never mind, lets get the L31 and L48 finished now.

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

• Like 16

When I said “something for scale”, I wasn’t immediately thinking “another Zeppelin”. Still struggling with the idea of a balloon 1/10th of a mile long!

Looks great. Hope to see them at SMW!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

When I said “something for scale”, I wasn’t immediately thinking “another Zeppelin”. Still struggling with the idea of a balloon 1/10th of a mile long!

Looks great. Hope to see them at SMW!

Regards,

Adrian

I will bring at least one, though space in the car will be limited as we are on holiday the week prior to Telford and will be going straight from Yorkshire.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Martian said:

though space in the car will be limited

Trying to imagine two people, luggage, and a model Zeppelin in a TR7. Nope. Off to check out Halfords site for you to see if they do a suitable roof rack....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Trying to imagine two people, luggage, and a model Zeppelin in a TR7. Nope. Off to check out Halfords site for you to see if they do a suitable roof rack....

I  would strap them to the sides. Reminiscent of a pair of Sidewinder missiles.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

You will regret those words sooner than you might think. We are on our Galactic Progress in Lincs next week, when we shall examine the little matter of the missing ale that has been promised for so long! :evil_laugh:

Martian the Merciless 👽

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, Martian said:

We are on our Galactic Progress in Lincs next week, when we shall examine the little matter of the missing ale that has been promised for so long!

Darn. Now I'll be up all night treading the grapes. I think that's how you do it....

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Darn. Now I'll be up all night treading the grapes. I think that's how you do it....

I think it's called karma. :evil_laugh:

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

I managed to get the first of the R Class builds from the Mark1 Models kit finished this afternoon:

164.jpg

Hopefully I can get the U Class L48 over the finish line before I depart on my Progress to the East of England, which will then leave me free to complete the second R Class, L33 and the P Class,L19 upon my return. Then, although I have more Zepps to build, I can at least get the display on the road and add toit at leisure.

More pictures in RFI.

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

• Like 14

Another Airship masterpiece. Lovely stuff. 

They're reaping the corn in the field across the road ready for your touchdown. Please follow the taxi lights. Or, those on the next bus.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Another Airship masterpiece. Lovely stuff. 

They're reaping the corn in the field across the road ready for your touchdown. Please follow the taxi lights. Or, those on the next bus.

I understand that @general melchett will be laying out a landing pad on your front lawn.

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

• 4 weeks later...

Following our return from our progress in East Anglia, there have been a few days when the Martian Cave has been just about habitable. The opportunity has been taken to gat the L.48 past the finishing line. All that remains is to give all the Zeppelins their final coat of varnish but given the current climatic conditions and the consequent effects on airbrushing, that will have to wait until things cool down a bit. Other than that she is done:

168.jpg

More pictures in Ready for Inspection.

As regards the progress, we began by motoring up to Lincoln where we were right royally entertained by @general melchett and Lady Melchett. We just missed seeing @Pete in Lincs who had left samples of ale which was duly and thankfully tested, given the heat. The following day, Sarah-Jane got her top off and the General and I sallied forth to inspect the Newark Air Museum, a place I had never been to before. For those who have not visited the museum, a visit is thoroughly recommended.

The following day, we ventured forth into Lincoln itself. Despite a completely inconsiderate driver blocking the path of the open topped tour bus, leading toits cancellation, we enjoyed a walk down the aptly named Steep Hill and quite by chance (really!) stumbled across the local model shop where we were pleased to support them by making a few purchases,

The following day we bade a sad farewell to the Melchett towers and proceeded on our way to Suffolk where, amongst other things, we indulged in a Zeppelin pub crawl, visited Benjamin Britten's house, a longstanding ambition of Mrs Martian, went to the Bentwaters Cold War Museum and indulged in some very refreshing cold drinks on a former Swedish attack vessel that has been rescued from the scrap yard and converted into a floating licenced bar. It was so hot that even your scribe decided that soft drinks were the wise option, much to the astonishment of the Memsahib! Although I was in mufti to avoid distressing the locals, the General did don his cap for a photo opportunity before we left Melchett Towers:

IMG-20220805-115036.jpg

IMG-20220805-115057.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

I'm very glad that the ale met with your approval, and that you made it safely back to the Mothership. 

There is a Lincoln modelshow scheduled for October, it would be enhanced by your presence I'm sure.

• Like 4