Jump to content

Zeppelin !


Martian

Recommended Posts

Philately will get you everywhere! 

 

No wait, that's not right....

 

Ian

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Terry1954 said:

Those all look rather splendid Martian. Will we be treated to a peek tonight?

 

Terry

I could be persuaded.

 

Martian 👽

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Martian said:

I could be persuaded.

 

Martian 👽

 

Well I'm bringing some small little things for people to peek at too .........🤪

 

T

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Terry1954 said:

 

Well I'm bringing some small little things for people to peek at too .........🤪

 

T

Nooooooo! not them! Oh; you meant some models! Sorry, as you were.

 

Muddled of Mars 👽

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lovely stuff Martian, all looking lickity split with a dose of zing zang spillet chucked in. The L-15 looks rather like one of those test tube jobbies (insert several Pete type ‘fnnrs’ as appropriate), full of the different coloured sands one dredged up from Alum Bay on the Isle of Wight back in the early seventies.
During the recent 453rd museum visit a few of us from this hallowed portal attended I was fortunate enough to be given a rather large tome on the Hindenburg, by curator Jim. By chance this contains a lot of high-quality references to other large gasbags of the era which may well give your fevered Martian mind, more ideas for any future builds. We can leaf through it when you grace us with your omni presence.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smashing builds. The picture base works really well and I like the night-effect lighting, looks like the lens filter effects they used for night in 1960s Westerns.

 

Regards,

Adrian

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having last evening cast my very own eyes on these magnificent ships of the air, in the flesh, at our local club meeting, I can confirm they are rather splendid indeed. Hearing more of the back story from Martian himself, made things all the more interesting.

 

I did subsequently start to lose the plot however when Martian and another colleague present, went on to share the sordid details of the "events" following a model show held in Brest some years back, which IMHO could easily have led grown men to tears!

 

Club nights are such fun events!

 

T

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I have finally managed to get the rear gondolas on the two Takom kits, in-between fighting off the kittens who seem to be determined to "help" their Dad with his project. I had been somewhat nervous about this as fitting them to both the hulls and the drive chains promised to be a make or break moment with the builds. However, to my relief, things went more smoothly than I had anticipated. One thing that did not go well however, was that an elevator got knocked off of the Q Class ship; again! the control surface assemblies are very fragile as supplied by Takom and really need a different approach. I will be addressing this issue with the kits on the next build and would advise anyone who has not yet started their kit to hold fire until then. I will be showing how to overcome this problem step by step and it will have the benefit of making the overall build process much easier. Anyway, I now

feel that the difficult parts are behind ne so enjoy the pictures.

 

Thanks for looking.

 

Martian 👽

 

132.jpg

 

133.jpg

 

134.jpg

 

135.jpg

 

 

 

 

  • Like 20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They look really good.

 

I have to admit my lack of knowledge of all things Zeppelin.  I had thought all of them wore some type of camo.

I have really enjoyed following along and gaining some history.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Martian said:

in-between fighting off the kittens who seem to be determined to "help" their Dad with his project.

Ah yes but that’s part of the charm of having pets. Try amusing a Lurcher puppy on a rainy day :) like today, especially through what  we’ve now dubbed naughty hour…

 

 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, philp said:

They look really good.

 

I have to admit my lack of knowledge of all things Zeppelin.  I had thought all of them wore some type of camo.

I have really enjoyed following along and gaining some history.

Thanks Philp. Some were indeed camouflaged and at least two will be getting so painted. At the moment though I am concentrating on the Zeppelins I have some sort of artifact for to get the display under way . It's just coincidence that these ones are mostly in natural linen.

 

Martian 👽

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Great Imperial Poobah of the Zeppellinis 

 

Now that's a handle I can get my head around....why, I've been called a Grand Poobah by the men of the Loyal Order of the Tasselled Wobblegongs, many a time...at least, I think that's what they said...

  • Haha 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2022 at 9:14 AM, general melchett said:

Lovely stuff Martian, all looking lickity split with a dose of zing zang spillet chucked in. The L-15 looks rather like one of those test tube jobbies (insert several Pete type ‘fnnrs’ as appropriate), full of the different coloured sands one dredged up from Alum Bay on the Isle of Wight back in the early seventies.
During the recent 453rd museum visit a few of us from this hallowed portal attended I was fortunate enough to be given a rather large tome on the Hindenburg, by curator Jim. By chance this contains a lot of high-quality references to other large gasbags of the era which may well give your fevered Martian mind, more ideas for any future builds. We can leaf through it when you grace us with your omni presence.

Dear General...

Do you try to inflate our Xenomorph more than he already is ???

Did you ??

CC

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Do you try to inflate our Xenomorph more than he already is ???

 

What are you saying CC?... I know he's into old gasbags at the moment but do you reckon it would be safe to overinflate him? in the name of all that's holy, think of the children, man...

  • Haha 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, general melchett said:

 

What are you saying CC?... I know he's into old gasbags at the moment but do you reckon it would be safe to overinflate him? in the name of all that's holy, think of the children, man...

Safe ??? By Jove !! definitely not !!

But can be funny.....

CC

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Safe ??? By Jove !! definitely not !!

But can be funny.....

CC

Evil child! You know the drill.

 

Martian 👽

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

 

What are you saying CC?... I know he's into old gasbags at the moment but do you reckon it would be safe to overinflate him? in the name of all that's holy, think of the children, man...

Think of the children?.... Good Lord, Think of the ozone layer.:frantic:

  • Haha 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LorenSharp said:

Think of the children?.... Good Lord, Think of the ozone layer.:frantic:

Wicked Earthling! Off you go and join CC in the Naughty Corner: again.

 

Martian 👽

  • Haha 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Think of the children?.... Good Lord, Think of the ozone layer.:frantic:

And the suspension on Sarah Jane!

🧳packed + :beer: = Naughty corner. Sigh, oh the shame of it...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Martian said:

Wicked Earthling! Off you go and join CC in the Naughty Corner: again.

 

Martian 👽

 

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

And the suspension on Sarah Jane!

🧳packed + :beer: = Naughty corner. Sigh, oh the shame of it...

Come on Pete off the the #1 party spot I mean the naughty corner. Heigh Ho! Heigh Ho! It's off to the naughty corner we go!:drink:Don't forget the pop corn.

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...