2 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Her name was Ali. Sadly her time has come and we had to put her to sleep on Monday. She had a lovely nature.

So sorry for your loss, Jeff. She looked lovely. We had our first two for 17 years before they shuffled off, and it was a long time before we could think of more. Now we have two rescues, and I am exhausted... I'd forgotten how much energy kittens have.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Marklo said:

my Gamecock just wasn’t the same after he snagged  it a few times…

Snort! 

Next week children, diorama modelling with cat litter and the best match in available RLM 02 paint. 😸

• Haha 9

raises BM to a rounded community

I can't help feeling it's quite rounded enough...

Btw, I may well have missed something here but what's this all about? Going by the colour and proximity to a Recurring Slope Lineae, could it be a nostalgic snapshot of the Martian home lab where you was hatched?

zepp2.jpg

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

To keep them clean?

I didn't know Martians kept cats as pets. I thought they were kept as snacks. Or was that ALF? 😁

On a serious note, pets can keep you poor, but they're worth it. We got our first cat a year or two before we got married, approaching 40 years ago now, and our first dog not long after. Since then we've always had both. Regards, Jeff.

Who call on me ???

7841373_f67ea496-9656-11e8-90dc-059e30cd28ac-1_940x500

It's my main nickname Short way of both my fist and family name....

And yes I love cats too....

60191450_804513103246502_6495290638152499200_o

Now, I used to think that MVS has already a ship's mascot ....

118581121_363051831379811_3529179185069690385_n

The pic is from that day...

Our Dear alien did'nt finish his bottles, here's the result....

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

I can't help feeling it's quite rounded enough...

Btw, I may well have missed something here but what's this all about? Going by the colour and proximity to a Recurring Slope Lineae, could it be a nostalgic snapshot of the Martian home lab where you was hatched?

zepp2.jpg

It is a period picture of Orfordness. I plan to have the L.48 flying over it.

Martian 👽

• Like 3

:police:

"Quashed"???? Nobody quashes the Space Rangers!

On 6/3/2022 at 3:39 PM, Martian said:

Right, having quashed thar particular rebellion from the Space Rangers, although the diverted beer has yet to show up,

• Haha 3

I haven't had a pet since the last two passed within a 6 month timeframe with my youngest son's passing about in the middle.  However, I have tended a lot of pups for friends and family over that last 12 years and currently we have Hugo in the house who is my friends roommates dog while she recovers from back surgery.  I can remember at least 15 mutts who I have tended for.

We also currently have a cat in the house.  Severus belonged to the granddaughter's mom who left him (and her) with my son when she decided it was too much.  I am not a cat person but he likes me so we have a bit of a truce.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Gidday @philp, I won't put a 'like' to your post considering the loss of your son, but I think it's commendable that you look after pets when they need it. Please accept my condolences over your losses, and keep up the good work you do. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday @philp, I won't put a 'like' to your post considering the loss of your son, but I think it's commendable that you look after pets when they need it. Please accept my condolences over your losses, and keep up the good work you do. Regards, Jeff.

Thanks Jeff.

It will be 12 years ago this Sunday and it was Father's Day back then also.  Still the worst day of my life but you have to learn to keep going or you won't.  Building models and being involved with the local clubs and the National level (I'm on the Board of IPMS/USA) help keep me distracted as does the great discussions in this forum.  Heck, every now and then you guys and gals actually talk about building models.  

So enough about that, let's see some more pics of critters or even some Zeps.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, philp said:

I haven't had a pet since the last two passed within a 6 month timeframe with my youngest son's passing about in the middle.  However, I have tended a lot of pups for friends and family over that last 12 years and currently we have Hugo in the house who is my friends roommates dog while she recovers from back surgery.  I can remember at least 15 mutts who I have tended for.

We also currently have a cat in the house.  Severus belonged to the granddaughter's mom who left him (and her) with my son when she decided it was too much.  I am not a cat person but he likes me so we have a bit of a truce.

spacer.pngspacer.png

I too feel for your loss.

Martian 👽

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, philp said:

So enough about that, let's see some more pics of critters or even some Zeps.

Critters permitting, they are an awful lot of work at this stage, I shall try and get some pictures of Zeps up over the weekend.

Martian 👽

• Like 3

10 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

And yes I love cats too....

60191450_804513103246502_6495290638152499200_o

Sincerely.

CC

Oh this reminds me of an old joke - "I love cats, but I couldn't eat a whole one".

Nice modelling Martian, sir, looking forward to the next instalment.

• Haha 5

33968427498_87457a670b_b.jpg

Oh this reminds me of an old joke - "I love cats, but I couldn't eat a whole one".

My thoughts exactly...looks like he's been at CCs rocket fuel again...thank gawd you opened the lid.

Since we're on to pets now, here's a few snaps of our latest hound, Dexter, a very naughty young man who just loves playing catch and release with the local peasantry and groundstaff (unfortunately he just hasn't quite got the hang of the release bit yet). He's an unholy amalgam of Chinese Shar-Pei, English Mastiff and Bulldog all rolled up in one four and a half stone ball of stubborn bliddy mindedness who knows how to play the game. 

This is his Old English...'you say waaat?'' look, usually employed when he's been accused of some wanton act of vandalism around the house.

1-1-AGD-0781.jpg

And here, his inscrutable Chinese side with a 'you don't fool me, glare''...a result of being fobbed off with some unlikely excuse regarding an upcoming vet visit.

1-5-AGD-0785.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Despite the "assistance" proffered by the latest additions to Martian Towers; the latest being them deciding to have one of their rough and tumbles (claws extended) around my lower tentacles while I was trying to take them, we now have some pictures as to where things stand with the first batch of Zeppelin models.

So, and with absolutely no thanks to either Nest or Tinker, here is where we are at:

L.48 placed temporarily on her base, overflying the air station at Orfordness on 17th June 1917 and from whence the aircraft that were to shoot her down later that night came.

126.jpg

Zeppelin L.31

128.jpg

Zeppelin L.15 (Takom kit).

129.jpg

131.jpg

And Zeppelin L.21 (Takom kit).

127.jpg

130.jpg

All the builds can be removed from their stands at the moment and will remain so until I have fitted the rear gondolas nad rigged the lower half of each ship.

The models now live in a large and kittenproof Really Useful box and are taken out one at a time when I want to work on them. This has had the benefit of freeing up enough space on the bench for a start to be made on another Mark 1Models R Class, this will be completed as L.33of which I have a reasonable sized piece of to display alongside it.

I also have made a start on a Mark 1 Models P Class kit which will be completed as L.19 of the previously discussed "King Stephen Incident". This will be displayed alongside a replica of the Karl Goetz medallion that was struck in Germany to commemorate the event.

I an going to try out one or two new ideas on the L.33 build and will keep you all posted as and when I get to try them out (kittens permitting of course!). Although I have had multiple cats at any one time before, I have only ever had to raise on kitten at a time and have been completely unprepared for the bedlam that has descended upon the normally peaceful Martian abode. :frantic: It's enough to drive a Martian to drink: oh, guess what that splendid Mrs Martian has placed in front of me. :drink:

Thanks for looking.

Parched of Mars 👽

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

They are all looking good Martian.

One of my local shops still has the large Testors 1/245th scale Graf Zepplin kit which I keep thinking about acquiring and trying to Steam Punk it into some kind of 72nd scale contraption.

Luckily I have managed to keep wallet firmly in pocket while in the store.

If you are ever in an interesting alternate universe mind you might want to read the adventures of The Flying Cloud R-505.

http://airships.paulgazis.com/

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, billn53 said:

It would have been amazing work if you had done just one. But four? There are no words to suffice!

Thanks Bill. As to words that might suffice. nutter, plonker, insane and obsessed are just a few that spring to mind! :mental:

Martian von Zeppelinitis 👽

• Haha 6

25 minutes ago, Martian said:

Martian von Zeppelinitis 👽

Zepplinitis? sounds like an Italian acrobat team, or one of those Martian fruit drinks. You know, the ones with the little umbrellas on top.

• Haha 5

Splendid gasbags and mountings (snort!)

They really are looking splendid, and I do like the one over the picture. Very imaginative.

Oh, and all hail the really useful anti moggy box.

• Like 3

Splendid Zeppelinneries oh great admiral of Poole's galactic fleet !!

Good move about the Anti-cat boxes...

I think that Xantho, the rescued cat of my eldest son will no longer approach my modelling stuff...

He was thoroughfully sniffing the compressor when it started....

Oh Lord, What a run.....

Note to self, if I want to ban the cat from getting in my cabinet, let the compressor on the way....

To store my finished kit, I used the meatboxes that I bring from the slaughterhouse....

Just right size for 4 to 5 WWII aircrafts....

You both know Nokya....

Yestreday, we shared Ardennes sausages....

IMG_20220616_165419

White hair on the eyebrows... She grew old but still a great researches dog !!

Now my Dear Alien, what about the Macon ??

And the sparrowhawk to go with it ???:cheers:

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 6/19/2022 at 7:29 PM, Martian said:

All the builds can be removed from their stands at the moment and will remain so until I have fitted the rear gondolas nad rigged the lower half of each ship.

Nicely done young man.  they do look rather good for a patchwork quilt 😉

Tim

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fishbed said:

Nicely done young man.  they do look rather good for a patchwork quilt 😉

Tim

Thanks Tim, I particularly like the young bit!

Flattered of Mars 👽

• Like 1